3P's TCCS Disassembly/Analysis

mentat-vvo

Dec 23, 2013
Vladivostok
I've recently received the chipped JZA70 ECU. The mines board is based on 74xx series of ICs:
mines_board.jpg

The board is being reversed:
mines_reversed.jpg

Also, I've found some rare ECU from ST205 Celica with EEPROMed version of MCUs:
st205_3S-GTE_HKS.jpg

The 4-bit Fujitsu (detonation DSP) MCU was decapped. I'm waiting for an access to a good scope to read out the maskrom.
IMG_4059.JPG

And the last news: the Toshiba MCU after decapping. Microscope photoes are pending.
toshiba_8x.jpg

Attachments

• jza70_mines.jpg
    jza70_mines.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: trofimovich

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Excellent work!

I always enjoy viewing decapped IC's / processors.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Is there going to be another run of parts needed to program the stock TCCS system?

Otherwise I will be picking up a MS3Pro Ultimate Standalone shortly.

My build should be progressing quickly as spring comes around.

Trying to find out if the programmable TCCS system is going to happen or not.

andrewp724

Back from the Suby
Nov 5, 2006
Greenville, SC
I’m really interested in this as well. I have an 87 7M-GTE 5spd that I’d like to run a 57mm CT and stock injectors or RC 550’s. I have a 1UZ AFM housing I could use as well if necessary. I’d love to have a tuning option like this more similar to Accessport or DSMLink.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My goal has always been to offer the ECU with the Lex AFM and Bosch EV14 injectors. I've already written the code that can use modern injector cal parameters and so there are just a few missing pieces to make this the best option for the 7M. As I write this I can feel my energy level going up.

Sometimes I rethink this. I want to remove some of the safety margin with heat. In addition to the 550s and Boss Jr with the 1UZFE meter. My car also idles and drives like normal, but I don't have the screw all the way out like some do.

Reluctanse

Dec 26, 2016
Oregon
Wow @3p141592654 just dipping a toe in this... would it be too much to ask for an overall synopsis of the project and 2022 status update?

Some awesome work from what I have seen with a quick peak-

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
There are a couple of beta testers out there using the ECU. What that pointed out was that we were not ready for this to be a product yet. I've been working on improving the documentation and software delivery but still need to implement a solution to get past the current load variable maxing out at 133% of stock fuel cut.

Reactions: Reluctanse

Reluctanse

Dec 26, 2016
Oregon
There are a couple of beta testers out there using the ECU. What that pointed out was that we were not ready for this to be a product yet. I've been working on improving the documentation and software delivery but still need to implement a solution to get past the current load variable maxing out at 133% of stock fuel cut.
Well... if/when you get it worked out, put me down on the interested parties list, I would definitely be a customer.

jfree91

Apr 13, 2022
@3p141592654 thanks for linking me on supra forums. I read the first 3 and last 3 pages of this thread and will continue to read more. From what I have read, I would also like to purchase a unit when they are ready. I can do some cad design/drawing work if you are trying to get enclosures made (printed/machined). I have already done a couple 3d printed parts for my mk3 like cup holder redesigns and door lock covers. Not looking to make money as my day job is adequate.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Hi 3P, I'm curious, why not implement some scaling if you cannot bypass this number? Or defeating the stock fuel cut, and adding something else to to provide a cut later.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
No reason except time and effort :) Its all in assembler so changing things is not easy, but certainly possible. It is my plan for some time to do it. Defeating fuel cut is trivial, but if you max out the load variable then the injector duration will hit a hard stop while air flow continues to increase. A recipe for a blown engine.