350z Kill

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
So tonight I was out cruising again. Got a couple kills. First kill I got was a 5.0L mustang with exhaust and intake.. But that wasnt much of a race. Second was a twin turbo skyline, put about a car length on him by the 3rd gear. Then I was just cruising up and down trying to catch this damn 350z. I decide to ditch for a bit and hung out with some buddies and came back.

Well what do I see in my rear view mirror? The 350z. :evil2: My friend was pretty pumped to say the least. (Different friend this time, not im king shit big mouth from before) So I slow down and try to get a light with him.. sure enough, Yellow.. Red.. And Im thinking hell yeah! So his gf is eyeing be up :naughty: hard to see her through the window tint tho :cry: I smile and get ready to race.. Light for the opposite direction turns yellow.. I start to rev it up. Then it turns red, I stare up at my light waiting for the signal. Light turns green and were both off.. except i did a little bog and spin (sigh) but quickly hooked up and pull hard up to 5000rpm, slam it into second (not literally) my car cuts out for a second, perfect timing huh?.. then keeps climbing. Hit 5000rpm again and into third I go. By about 4000rpm in 3rd I had about 1/2 a car length and was starting to pull away but a car decides to pull out in front of me and I let off and slowed down.

I fallow him around again to get a re-race and avoid the bog and spin this time but when I got him again at a red light he decides he doesnt want to lose to my supra again and granny drives it.

It was a nice car tho! I felt pretty proud to because a crowd of people got to watch me beat him. :icon_bigg

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
starscream5000 said:
Nice, I wanted to see a video of the skyline being beaten :(.

skylines aren't that scary!! GT-R's yes but the GT-s that every person seems to have two of here in calgary aren't really that amazing. but i realize he said twin turbo so just adding my .02

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I just like to see skylines being de-throned since they are the car that stole the spotlight from the supra in japan when they were being produced again.. The supra WAS the fastest car until the newer skylines we being produced again.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
yeah alot of people thing the skyline is king shit here(and yeah some are scary) but the supra is always overlooked for some reason.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
^yeah. mod list. pronto.
i wish i could have the satisfaction of winning a race. if it's not a boost leak, it a fucked up trans, if its not that its something else..then suddenly when i'm gonna be all ready, all the potential race victims will disappear from the road.

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
Thanks on the comments :)

Skylines are WAY to overratted! Everyone here is like "Oh im going to import a skyline! You know why? There so cool and so fast.. And cause im so fucking original!"

It was kinda cool when there was one or maybe two.. now there's like 15 here.. Ive raped two GTS-T's.. and this TT skyline, im not sure which skyline was twin turbo.. but i know the GTS-T is a single turbo RWD. Someone correct me if im wrong.

There's only 5 really good looking supras here, including mine. :naughty:

Not sure what Im putting down for hp.. I dont really have much done to my car. Its a fairly low milage JDM 7mgte, Cometic MHG, Arp studs, 3" downpipe, no cat, full 3" exhaust and a Turbosmart MBC at about.. 9psi. I think I was at 10psi that night though. Next on my list is an Apexi Intake or K&N.. I read that the apexi is better?

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Must have been slow Skylines. I have friends who have GT-ST.those are single turbo 2.5L.
My younger brother has a GTR race track version with roll cage and whatnot imported straight from Japan.

I did not think that with your mods you would have beaten a twin turbo.

Cheers,
Roy

newbsupra said:
Thanks on the comments :)

Skylines are WAY to overratted! Everyone here is like "Oh im going to import a skyline! You know why? There so cool and so fast.. And cause im so fucking original!"

It was kinda cool when there was one or maybe two.. now there's like 15 here.. Ive raped two GTS-T's.. and this TT skyline, im not sure which skyline was twin turbo.. but i know the GTS-T is a single turbo RWD. Someone correct me if im wrong.

There's only 5 really good looking supras here, including mine. :naughty:

Not sure what Im putting down for hp.. I dont really have much done to my car. Its a fairly low milage JDM 7mgte, Cometic MHG, Arp studs, 3" downpipe, no cat, full 3" exhaust and a Turbosmart MBC at about.. 9psi. I think I was at 10psi that night though. Next on my list is an Apexi Intake or K&N.. I read that the apexi is better?

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
i've raced the gts-t and they aren't anything special but it's not like i blew the doors off it or anything so i agree with TTE about not being able to beat the GTR with those mods. but maybe the skyline was dragging ass!

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
Well atleast I he said it was TT when i talked to him along time ago? Unless its another guy, but the gtst's are pretty slow. I beat another one last night on the way home from work, had a car and a half on him by the time I shifted into 3rd.

Who knows, maybe no one knows how to drive? :nono:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
350znal said:
stock times:13.8@102
Lightly modded: 13.4@103
s/c: 12.2@115

Those are my times, haven't ran into a quick mk3 at the track yet around here.
And your car sounds wicked on the dyno too Ray!

My last Supra was modded pretty much like your list. I had no trouble with a stock 350Z at our 1/8 mile track. BUT, I could see it being close if I shifted at 5000 on each shift!