300,000 miles and still running(problems with my 7m-gte)

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
I know what all of your are thinking when you see 300,000 miles. BUY A NEW ENGINE! well the fact is I can't and the my 1989 turbo supra 5spd still runs hard and strong.
I've had this car for 2 years in september.
I've fixed things here and there like when the battery kept draining over night all we did was change the wireing we service all the fluids every 3 months. we changed hoses and other small componets.
just recently the car has died on us.
We are certain to believe that the Air flow sensor is dead, because we cleaned it with the wrong stuff.
Here are the symptoms:
ruff idle
black smoke
check engine light

Thats all I can think offthe car hasn't been running for about 2 weeks, also the starter is broken the is the main reason it hasn't been started.
To get more to the point when we messed up the air flow meter the car sounded horrible the idle would drop and the car would shut off if you touched the throttle by pedal or from the engine.
We had to have a rolling start we decided to take it for a right in the condition it was in
It ran fantastic the engine light went off at high rpms but when you came to a stop the engine light comes on and the idle is ruff, you would have to rev it up to keep it going.
Thats what puzzled us the most.
So what I am asking is if I were to get a new air flow sensor would the supra be back to normal?

P.S. sorry for the long post
also i am only 16 years old

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Yeah the engine is stock the only thing its got is a KANDN fipk intake a straight pipe no cat HAAHAHA
yeah the whole thing is bone stock pretty much
as for the codes how do you use them I kinda don't get it

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Thanks Wolf.
But I will be purchaseing one this weekend.
I know yours is a good deal but I can't afford to wait.
Hold that thought though we will see.
it works right and its for a 7m-gte hold long do you think it will last?

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
yeah this car is amazing alright the only thing i changed mechanical was the turbo cuz that barek=ly gave out last year we got a stock one with 100K on it so we are good its a supra one so don't worry