3' Turbo Elbow Ideas

Princesupratn

May 16, 2009
Memhips
Hey guys any ideas for this problem of mine??? I want at less a 3'' down pipe coming of this turbo but as you can see that the fire wall is veeeerrry close I'm about to order an t4 to t4 adaptor to raise the height a little bit so i can clear my exhaust manifold I'm afraid that a complete 90 degree turn down might hurt some performance what do you all think got some pics

Attachments

• DSCI0022 (2).JPG
    DSCI0022 (2).JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCI0033 (2).JPG
    DSCI0033 (2).JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCI0031 (2).JPG
    DSCI0031 (2).JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 76

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
have it go a little bit towards the engine, then down. use bends as wide as you can fit. other than that.. you dont really have other choice... shouldnt hurt ur performance much at all..

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Kevin;1507199 said:
have it go a little bit towards the engine, then down. use bends as wide as you can fit. other than that.. you dont really have other choice... shouldnt hurt ur performance much at all..
I really don't think that will even clear, you might have to have a custom spacer made to pull the turbo away from the firewall or do something about that flange being so long. I've got the same similar manifold running a hy35 and I still had to cut a really hard 90 degree when I made my downpipe and I've got more room than that.

Princesupratn

May 16, 2009
Memhips
nosechunks;1507307 said:
*insert Cletusmania image here*

:biglaugh:

I was thinking about cutting the back of the turbo (exhaust) too shorten it and maybe have a 3'' in pipe welded back there and just go from there. But as far as the selling the turbo ooooooonnnn thanks:naughty:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Poodles;1507383 said:
Get a different turbine housing...

:word8kn: Easiest fix, the manifold is fine, the only problem you may have to need a spacer for is the rotation of the compressor housing to clear the runners of the manifold.

Princesupratn

May 16, 2009
Memhips
Yeah i think that might be the only way right now. And i yeah i got this manifold off ebay i wish it didnt push the turbo so far back but oh well whats done is done. Thanks guys for your help and quick response it gave me alot of ideas

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
I have a SSAC Manifold with a T4 regular housing plenty of room for a 3 inch elbow without the housing extension. I'm going to change to a 3.5inch elbow in the future, don't forse clearance issues. It's the old design also FWIW.