3 kills leading to 1 death

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
So i went back to my home town to pick up the Supra and while im in town a friend see's the car around and gives me a call. Apparently there's a group of cars heading out to the boonies to make some runs and one of them is calling me out. Some airheaded kid w/ a tubbed GSR hatch. So i agree and later that night we head out.

race 1. Me vs Tubbed GSR hatch/ CF hood, CF hatch, just racing seats.
We line them up and go, i launch even w/ the car and pull 1 car on him by 30mph, by the time we got to the end of the 1/4 i had ~ 5 lengths on him. Ok he's done.

race 2. late 80's 5.0 mustang convertible.
For funzies we line up and go. I get a good launch on him and i only keep half a car on him to 30 mph, after that i spool and just walk away to the point where i get ~ 4-5 lenghts on him.

race 3. 2003 mustang GT, Cat back system , intake.
I geuss he wanted his friend to drive because he's a better driver so i agree and we line them up. I set my tire pressure to ~30psi for this run. We both take off but he gets the launch and immediately puts a car on me. We hit 30mph and i finnaly get out of the mud and the turbo spools up and i start cruising past him, by the 1/8th mile im even with him and just rolling past him and by the time we hit the end of the 1/4 im 3 cars ahead. A good launch would have done it but meh.

race 4. 2005 mustang Cobra w/ a bigger SC pulley , CAI, full catback, and Methanol injection.
This guy's been watching me all night and asks me if i want to go. I look over his car and accept the fact that im already owned but fuck it.
I take it down to ~28 psi in the back tires and we line them up. We both hook up, probably best launch i've ever had and hang in there for the 60', his charger kicks in and he's 3 cars ahead and pulling, i get out of the mud spike to my 16 psi and make the pace. now he's ~4 cars ahead by the 1/8th mile and im standing on top of the gas pedal. I break his pace and keep my distance not gaining or losing ground all the way to the end of the 1/4. I am 90% sure he was sandbagging it but he's the silent type so i truly dont know how good i did against it.

Needless to say after those runs my feet were burning up from the heat coming in from the firewall and we all shook hands and called it a night. Best races are when everyone is a good sport about it.

cliffs.
owned a gsr civic, 5.0 stang, 03 stang GT.
got owned by 2005 cobra / meth.

~Luis

you want my mods, Just click "my car" in my sig, this post is long enough.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nice kills Luigi! :naughty:

As far as the Cobra > it is a FAST car..Chances are, he was just playing. A buddy of mine has a smaller pulley, exhaust, and a few other bolt on's and he runs 11.28@127MPH (on pump gas) He went to a turbo this year. :biglaugh:

They are also heavy ass cars like the Supra...his is 3800pounds :aigo: (he has no cage)

Duane

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
good kills... respect to the cobra tho. I mean you knew you wouldn't win unless he missed a gear. but still good times.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
thnx guys, Duane thnx for the ##'s i know this guy was going easy on me.

I really wanted to race the other guys for $ but they were all broke :(

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
the day im finished modding my car is the day i beat a cobra :) and a salleen... and a viper.. and any civic in my way

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
upgradedsupra said:
Just so you know, 2J's are the end of all problems :naughty:

and the beginning of many more!:biglaugh: i hope noone is offended by the 2jz :p i love the 7m, i would just prefer to have it in an 80's toyota truck:naughty: which is what my next build thread is going to be about!

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
Mk3runner said:
I don't see why he couldn't achieve that. having a 2jz powerplant helps smooth things along.
that is not what i meant. what i was trying to say is...you will not stop at just beating vipers. you will go much farther than that:naughty: