3" Hi-flow cat quality question.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
The brand they sell here locally is Eastern Catalytic and retailed for $89.95 plus tax. He said they are the only cat this local company will sell or install with a 5 year/50k mile warranty. (except Cali cars)

http://www.easterncatalytic.com
Part #70430

Edit: Brokaw aside, the show was interesting..

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Thank for the info Gary, The car runs fine but I do get some muffler explosions now and then since I upgraded to 3" exhaust. Some of this may also be related to the SSQV being vented to the atmosphere. I plan to fix this also.

It takes a lot of driving to get it sooty (several months) and my gas milage is better now with the upgrades. I got the EGR system functioning again so now I will do the cat. I will try this one since I already purchased and I will take your advice if I don't like this one. It is about the same size as the stock cat if not bigger.

I know I am killing the enviroment, but I want to try and kill it a little slower EDIT:and still have some modded power.. ;)

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
I installed a HF metal Cat in my exhaust "system" too a few months ago. Helps keep the noise down and it'll make me pass inspections (i hope :D). Cost me about 180 euro's which would be close to the 200 dollars you are reffering too.

It's a 200cells HF metal Racecat... but the supe sure doesn't smell that bad anymore :D