3" Hi-flow cat quality question.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Well after watching last nights show on Global Warming with Tom Brokaw, I have decided to call around to find a 3 inch hi flow cat for my supra.

After several calls locally, the cheapest I have found is $200 carry out. :cry:

So after looking on ebay I found these.
Link 1
Link 2
24_2.JPG

Has anyone tried these? Will they work fine or are they going to be too restrictive? Should I spend the extra $150?

Edit: I am not concerned about fitment issues, just it's functionality.

Thanks guys..

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Get what ya pay for Joel! If you really care about the environment(Pfft pansy:icon_razz ) I would buy a real Cat. 200$ is cheap compared to what I got quoted for a new non hi flow cat.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
JAV: LOL

HL: I know you were joking.. As far as "who knows", that is why I am asking here.. :) Thanks for your input.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
JustAnotherVictim said:
So no cat is why my bumper was always so dirty?

That is my thought because I did not get soot with the stock cats. Mine seems to runs a tad on the rich side also. I feel all it has to do is get hot enough to burn the exccess fuel so I can't see it not working. The question is how long I guess. For $50, I may as well test it and find out as well..

SublimeSupra

Dreams of the Touge
Jan 17, 2006
Largo,Fl
A guy at my work bought a pair for his 350z and it cooked them in a month.The got so hot that they melted to were his car stalled and wouldnt restart and the welds also cracked on them.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I just called a place in the next town up and they sell a real cat for $100. SOLD...

Im such a cheap ass when it comes to the enviroment..:icon_razz

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Hey Joel, any chance you could pass their name on to me? PM me if you don't want it on a post. I'm considering a cat myself, and around here I'm known for being cheap. Damn cheap. If I decide to put one on, I'd like to know where to get one at that price.