2nd Favorite Toyo: MR2- Amazing video

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
A car that is not mentioned very often because of rarity and I don't think gets enough credit...The Toyota MR2. I was just curious as to what fellow Supra owners think of these pocket rocket beasty machines. It's always been one of those cars that I would die for, but there's something so dreamy about it that gives me the impression that I will never own one. :icon_conf To be completely honest, I've fallen in love with this generation...But i'd take the earlier generation (boxy version) of them before I would take a newer one.:icon_evil

This is a 10 minute mini-movie that has AWESOME effects and editing...Definately worth watching...:love:

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Toyota/0/wm/4641F4D1-D83F-402C-A9A2-4B5B0DDF7858.htm

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Mid-engine dreaminess. I'd take one no problem! There were a couple of these at HIN Orlando...but yeah, you really hardly ever see them

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
my buddy has one. its a nice car but man is it a BITCH to work on.

the newer ones i didnt like at first, my mom has one and she loves it. it is very fun to drive and has grown on me.

the lines of the latest generation mr2 (mr-s) remind me of like a 32 ford coupe with a chopped top.

if you really look at one with the top down youd see what i mean.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Actually, I do sort of understand where you are coming from, lagged. LOL

It isn't only the "exterior" that gets me...It's just the car itself. The performance you can squeeze out of them, the fact that it's mid-engine, RWD and no doubts, quick. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Supra and I would never trade it for an MR-2, but don't think I wouldn't hesitate to snatch one off someones hand for a good price....Not to mention they sound B.A. :)

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
That video had some good camera work! Though the story made absolutely no sense, haha. I don't think they really knew where they wanted to go with it.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
MR2 T-top and turbo model from the early to mid 90's was awesome the MR-S was kinda a let down and the first gen just didn't have the sexy lines and the turbo engine. MR-2 is cool

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Jspec7m88 said:
Actually, I do sort of understand where you are coming from, lagged. LOL

It isn't only the "exterior" that gets me...It's just the car itself. The performance you can squeeze out of them, the fact that it's mid-engine, RWD and no doubts, quick. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Supra and I would never trade it for an MR-2, but don't think I wouldn't hesitate to snatch one off someones hand for a good price....Not to mention they sound B.A. :)

For cheap price I would get it too, but as you said its rare, and i guess therefore it's not cheap... so...:icon_bigg

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
a 93 or 94 yellow one in town 5 speed turbo t tops sold for 7k so yea not real cheap, but awesome.

FYI: stock vs stock the mr2 5 speed turbo will smoke the 6 speed TT MK4, so take that. LOL

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
my friends is a yellow t top with a freshly rebuilt motor and an upgraded ct26.

hes keeping it but if he were to sell it he wouldnt let it go for less than 14k.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Wills7MGTE said:
FYI: stock vs stock the mr2 5 speed turbo will smoke the 6 speed TT MK4, so take that. LOL

Ree-Hee-Heeeaallly?:naughty: I didn't know that...

Well, anyways. I almost bought a 91...White, had an upgraded turbo (not sure how big or what kind) and had like 109,000miles, 5 speed, and ran a 12.7...He was letting it go for $4,500...............:nono: :nono: :cry:
I want it. :love:

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
I love the MR-2 T-top turbo too. Theirs also a yellow t-top turbo one local here. Girl at my bank drives it. Their quick little cars and like the rest of you i'd pick one up for the right price.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Im looking for an MR2 as we speak. I would love a AW11(first generation) But Im starting to consider SW20's(second generation) because of the lines. It all depends on what I can find first and what kind of cash I have.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Jspec7m88 said:
To be completely honest, I've fallen in love with this generation...But i'd take the earlier generation (boxy version) of them before I would take a newer one.:icon_evil

I would have gotten a mkii MR2 had it come in convertible form. But I HAD to have my drop top.

:: hugs her Damien ::

damien_sig_small.jpg

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
a lotta people go for the '93+ (or was it '94?) MR-2s because they upped the suspension pieces and something else that I don't remember off the top of my head. you can try searching around www.mr2oc.com.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Yea well the only way I'd take an MR-S drop top would be if it came with the HKS turbo kit like the veilside mrs has that mrs is actually pretty ballsy 312 rwhp @ 12psi not bad. LOL

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Wills7MGTE said:
Yea well the only way I'd take an MR-S drop top would be if it came with the HKS turbo kit like the veilside mrs has that mrs is actually pretty ballsy 312 rwhp @ 12psi not bad. LOL

I've already proved my engine is complete shyte. Receiving the 2zz swap in the spring time. Woot. :)