2jzge wiring questions

Moss

Nov 14, 2009
Sydney
hi everyone, i've done a 2jzge (from a '93 AUDM i believe) swap into my '86 mk3 and thanks to this site haven't had any issues until now, atm all i think is stopping me from completion is wiring >.< i'm trying to use the 2jz harness and ecu due to 7m harness being very old and falling apart

can anyone identify two these plugs? or know where they go?

do these wires coming off the alternator need connecting/will it run without them?

if not where do they go?

these are the connectors for the ecu

i believe the far right plug has the pin for the fuel pump, can anyone confirm this?
i've been unable to find the ecu pinout for this specific ecu so i've been trying to wire everything up by using the pinout for the v6 toyota prado, apparently the ecu's are the same (same plugs/connectors) just with different features (4wd control, etc) however whether the plugs are the same is unknown to me.. if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I am at work and unable to check my documents at home, but for the fuel pump (if you need power) you can just wire it directly to the 12v to at least to get it started or turning over. I considered at one point doing the 2jzge ecu with the 2jzge just to have a running vehicle until I was ready to turbocharge, but decided to stick with my 1.5jz plans. Google for the 95 tsrm, it's out there for download and has all the wiring info you may need for the 2jzge. If you can't find it, I will try and post it up or email it to you when I get home as I have it rar'ed already. It's been a life saver on quite a bit for the 2jzge/gte.

The only alternator wiring that needs to be run is a conversion for the plug to the body harness, IIRC.

Here's a good general overview thread- http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?63998-2jzge-T-swap-notes-and-pricelists

The info is there, albeit scattered about. One can install a 2jzge and run it off the 7mge equipment, or the 7mgte equipment, you just need the right harness/ecu for the setup. Btw, I have an n/a 7m ecu/harness if you need one. I may be able to get it to you for cheap if you really want to go with the n/a 2jz route. I need space as it is lol

BTW Very clean swap!

Moss

Nov 14, 2009
Sydney
i've noticed a few 95 tsrms but they have all been for the usa wiring specs,
for some unknown reason my 2jzge ecu has (instead of the usual 3 slightly rounded plugs) 4 square plugs going into it

lol it's not clean it's just low quality phone camera doing it's magic, so many hidden cable ties ><