2jzge swap help

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Hey so pretty soon here i am going to be doing a 2jzge swap into my mk3. So so far i know i need the 2jzge obviously, the 1jz to r154 bellhousing, 1jz flywheel, and 7m/1jz clutch. Eventually it will be na-t but for now just na. So my main question is if i get the wiring harness and ecu with it will i have to extend the harness and will the ecu work with the r154 if its a m/t ecu? I've been looking for an answer but everything is for na-t which is a while away for me. Thanks for the help in advance.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?63998-2jzge-T-swap-notes-and-pricelists

I was also thinking about doing this then going na-t later on, im not suree but i believe you can make it work off of your existing engine harness and ecu, if its n/a as long as its 3.0 liters and inline 6 i think the ecu will run it, well thats how it is for the na-t u just swap over the sensors and use the 7mgte harness and plug everything up.

this is for the 7mgte harness but i believe you can use your distributor i believe i read somewhere it should be able to work.

- By hottscennessey

"you need to do some grinding and cutting on the CPS, first of all.. to make it fit. This way you can use the stock ignitor, and coil pack. Coil packs will need a custom mount.
Switch over temp sensors from the 7M (ECU and gauge)
Switch over 7M Oil PSI sensor
Switch over 7M knock sensors
Switch over 7M injectors (can run stock 440's without piggyback)
Use stock O2 sensor, or wire in 2JZ O2 sensor. Either will work (with appropriate clip)
Use TPS plug from 2JZ wiring harness
ISC is the same
Use alternator clip from 2JZ wiring harness
Use 7M AFM, or Lex AFM w/ 550's. (if you want to keep it simple.. should suite your goal easily)

Legnthen/shorten harness where appropriate.

I'd suggest tapping the fuel rail with an M12*1.25 tap to utilize the stock FPR to keep fuel pressure the same. I'm using my aeromotive kit from my 7M.

I'm probably forgetting a few little things.. This is just off the top of my head."

By: Nghty89

"You can use the 7mge electronics to run the 2jzge. The 7mgte CPS and 7mge Distributor have the same gear on them as the 2jzge Distributor. I got curious once and checked them all. All identical, considering you can use the 7mgte CPS on all three motors (7mgte, 7mge, and 2jzge), which means the 7mge Distributor will work. It has been done sir! Can't remember the thread, try searching N/A 2jzge and mkiii chassis.

He may have used the 2jzge ECU and wiring, but if you use the 7mge ECU and wiring/sensors, then you are set and can still use the mkiii body wiring too. Follow the same idea as putting 7mgte electronics on a 2jzge. Same concept, and the ECU won't care as long as it sees the right stuff, inline 6, and 3.0L."

Ps. Which harness and ecu do you have?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If its usdm the harness will be fine but you either have to use 7mge electronics or wire the 2jzge harness into the body. If its jdm you can cut a hole in the firewall behind the intake manifold and run it through the dash.

Cannot use any gte harness ecu on a n/a motor.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
you also need the 2jz brackets to make it fit in your car be it pre 89 or post 89. You prob already know that but it wasnt listed at the top :]

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
hey i just did this swap and i am almost ready to crank the motor. i did a minor wiring tuck so i did more wiring stuff than necessary but instead of switch over most of those sensors i just soldered the 2jz connectors onto the 7m harness. and i am staying n/a till i can piece together a real turbo kit.

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
I'm not sure but it's possible the sensors might work under different values from engine to engine and not work so well. Just a thought. Anyone that knows for sure chime in?