2jz NO! NO! They'v gone bad

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
honestabe;1447793 said:
Did he change the rear end too? What's wrong with putting it into an N/A body? All an N/A body is is a body that doesn't have a wing and a turbo badge. Hell, my Supra is an N/A body and it doesn't make a difference other than the fact that I don't get hassled nearly as much by the cops or ricers (especially ricers) who like to pick on Supra's because they have a wing and a turbo badge.

What do you mean by favored injectors? And how is breaking traction and going nowhere cool? My buddy gave me a test drive in his 313 FWHP Eclipse Spyder and spun the tires doing 40 MPH (with decent tires) and went absolutely nowhere. Seems very pointless to me. Atleast with a RWD car if you spin the tires at speed you'll accellerate (and hopefully not crash) since you're transfering weight to the driven wheels and not off them (as is the case in FWD cars).

:3d_frown:
No where in there did i say it was bad to swap into an NA Body. And favored in jects meaning 1000cc injectors. As far as breaking traction above 30+ mph is a "cool factor" but is *like you said* pointless. I always thought i'd be nice to be able to spin tires like that... but smoking the tires (imo) isn't worth leaving tread like that.

but back to topic Caliber's are pretty cool for being what they are. But a couple people that own them here call them the short bus lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Also, on someone breaking trannies, it's not hard to screw up a tranny if you miss a shift or generally abuse it.

Seems to be the only weak link is that they didn't come with an LSD from the factory.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
honestabe;1447935 said:
Sounded negative to me, like N/A bodies were not worthy of a 2JZ

you can read it another way

he could be saying N/A chassis is lighter than the turbo. something along those lines.

like its been said tho, driver error is a def possibility.

although i have first hand seen (from the passengers seat) a 50-Trim SRT-4 take down a Single'd MKIV.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
When my car was making 350rwhp through the stock automatic, I lost to the same SRT4 twice. His car was definately the exception and not the rule, but I must admit, I was his little bitch for a while. Luckily for me, I don't enjoy losing. Now I can start out in third and beat him like he was adopted.

H1SP33D

Jun 27, 2009
los angeles
LOL trucklet....took me about 10 seconds to process. short bus... man thats funny. those trucklets are pretty quick. one came by the car club stop looking for some challengers. he beat a upgraded turbo 300zx, a 6.0 gto, and a nice flat black 87 supra......:3d_frown::3d_frown: it took the turbo nsx to put him down. its feels bad gettin beat by a short bus.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I want a go at this guy, (srt-4) defend the JZ or crank the boost till melted pistons!!!!111!!
on another note now I know why hunter's not been around if hes geting out of the supra game then has going to have a lot of stuff to sell (I have been in his Garage its full of spare parts)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i'll put some of these rumors to rest,
srt-4's with the factory turbo and about 23psi with supporting mods will do 11's.
with 21psi i did 12.57@113 on 18" all season tires, 22psi and some slicks and i went 12.1@114, the car deff has 11's in it. this was with less than $3k in mods.
the only weak link in the transmission is the input shaft, fix that and the tranny will hold 600hp+
only the 03's didnt have LSD, the 04-05 both did, but because of some ecu changed made in 05 (makes it harder to tune with piggyback), 04 IS the fastest year.

mopar has staged upgrades 1-3
stage 1: new ECU
stage 2: new ECU, injectors, wastegate, and option to add dial-a-boost, high octane mode, and FMIC sprayers
stage 3: same as stage 2 but has a new turbo-fold (bit bigger turbo in other words) if you've seen a srt-4 turbo you know why its called a turbo-fold.

it took 15psi on a 64mm turbo, about 400rwhp, to get this supra to do 116mph in the 1/4mi. which was my fastest in the srt-4 with only 286fwhp and 366fwtq

oh and in a couple months im rebuilding the short block with a new crank from dealer, and all forged internals, and a new factory MHG for just under $1100 it will then be able to handle 500+whp daily.

there really is no comparison between the supra (mk3 or mk4) and the srt-4. they're each in they're own class, but neither is really better than the other. its all personal preference.

as for the caliber srt-4.
FAIL!!!!

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
wouldnt show the rest of my post, SRT-4's are no Joke, theres one guy i know of around here that i wont even try to mess with unless i put my car on race gas

When we came back out at 28psi in the Supra, he wouldnt race us again, so we followed him to a race with a 95 Cobra with a T70 (im saying holy shit at the end cuz the brakes on the cobra catch on fire)
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h301/bigzavs/?action=view&current=movie.flv

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I've seen some quick srt-4s, also seen one first hand grenade his trans like its glass. the mopar kits are sweet.

but I still always stand by its still a neon besides its shares the same engine with the PT cruiser turbo. crankwalk was another issue with them.