2JZ NA-T into MK3

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Well, I have not had a bunch of time to work on it, but I did get the fuel tuned a little better and set timing. So just to see how it was running I took it up to 2000rpms and it sputtered its way there. But once it got to 2KRPM it ran good. I think I just need to keep tuning.

I'm having trouble with my H20 temp gauge (dash). It's shows nothing and then once the engine warms up it pegs out. I'm using my original 7M H2O temp sender, so I figure it should work. Anybody have this problem?

I'll get a video up this weekend of it idling and (fingers crossed) revving a bit too.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks!! It's getting there. I had plans to take it out on the street for a minute today, but it's kind of wet and icy out right now. :3d_frown:

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Yesterday I had the pleasure of riding with Jesse for first real drive aorund the block, he has some kinks to work out as with any swap like turn signal controls, power steering is a bit noisy and no windshield wipers for now. However the engine sounds good, the exhaust is 3 inch to cat but then stock size I believe or close from there on so sounds somewhat similar to a MK4 Supra in stock trim, well until it spools turbo sounds great nice single turbo gotta love it.

We did some fuel tuning to help the AFR's out and it saw it's first real bit of boost, 5.5 lbs to be exact. Felt good however we were only going to as high as 50 MPH and we didn't go far, the tranny doesnt wanna shift into 2nd so jesse may end up going into the tranny and seeing whats up. Otherwise it felt good, engine is smooth and you can tell once it gets dialed in it'll haul major ass.

I was impressed, quality of the swaps really good and he got good deal on lots of the parts and he did most of the labor.

A friend of his made the manifold for him and it turned out excellent as well, its coming along and we plan to get pics and video once we get it rolling more smoothly, pretty awesome though itll be badass once its tuned and shifting and equipped with an exhaust worthy of the engine he built

GREAT WORK JESSE!!!!!!!!!!

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks Will!!! Yeah there are a few problems I need to fix. I need to bleed my slave cylinder better and see if that helps.

I also have a very strange knocking noise coming from the mid-rear of the car. It doesn't sound like its from the engine which is good! Hopefully its from the exhaust or something loose in the back of the car.

As far as the engine goes, everything seems to be running smoothly. It idles great and runs well too at least up to 5psi so far. I can't wait to get it tuned out and see what it will do at 15 to 20 psi. Here are some more pics:

Attachments

• 100_7346sm.JPG
    100_7346sm.JPG
    346.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_7347sm.JPG
    100_7347sm.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 80

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
HAHA!! Did some checking and it seems as a have fuel knock!! The rail is knocking like crazy and its loud!!! I don't care too much but any remedies? I'm using a walbro with 780cc injectors,aeromotive AFPR with all ss lines to the rail and from rail to replace the stock dampner.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Damn, that engine bay looks amazing!

As far as the loud injectors, I don't think the FPD will make it go away. Every set of aftermarket injectors I've had on my car have been loud. Are they low or high impedence?

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks!! They are low impedance 3ohms and I'm using the 7M resister pack. I don't know, maybe its not the injectors. All I know is the sound is a fairly loud knocking sound that can be heard from the back of the car when i sit in the car. And then when I used my broomstick stethoscope (high tech:icon_bigg) I could only her the knock when it was touching any part of the fuel rail or fuel hoses.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
My 880s are loud as hell, I thought I'd dropped a valve or something when I first put them in lol. Between that and the 044 pump under the hood my car sounds like it's falling apart...

Engine looks nice, that FFIM is sweet! That's one thing I'd eventually like to do, taking 2hrs to swap spark plugs sucks....

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
OK, so it's not uncommon. Yeah I was thinking either rod knock or valves, but when I isolated it in the fuel system I was happy. Now all I need to do is find a good R-154 or try and figure out why my rebuilt R-154 does not like to shift into second. I rebuilt it and I wonder if I put the wrong syncros on for the 2 gear set.

Oh yeah, and 5psi felt nice. I may try to capture a log file of it with the Stinger and have you guys look at it and help me out.

WOW!! It just hit me.. I have a 2JZ turbo engine in my car that works!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO!

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks Kenny! I'm up for helping you with yours. Let me know.

Here are a couple of logs from a few pulls that I did. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 8PSI.jpg
    8PSI.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 5PSI.jpg
    5PSI.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 15

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Kenny, I know man. It was a great purchase for me. And everything on the stinger has been very easy to use and figure out. Also I havn't done much tuning to it and the car actually runs pretty good. I feel like it I could probably bump up to 10psi and it will still be running good/safe.

I need to get some miles on the clutch so I can feel like it's broke in.

Scott, Yes I will post it up later today. I don't think my TPS registered over 55% on the log. I wonder if that's bad. It felt Like I was more then 55% into the pedal.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I did calibrate the TPS. I just think that I'm a little hesitant to put the pedal all the way to the floor because I don't want anything to break. I'm a little worried about over revving and I'm trying to make sure it doesn't over boost (not 100% sure of my EBC). Anyway, it looks like I got into about 65% throttle. The beginning of the log starts in 2nd gear and then goes to 3rd gear.

Attachments

• PULL1.jpg
    PULL1.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 12