2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm installing my clutch and I had a question for you guys, which side of the clutch faces the flywheel?!?? Is it the side with the springs (as pictured)

p605260_1.jpg

or is it the side without the springs?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just wanted to update.. I'm still breaking in the clutch. MY GOD THIS IS THE MOST PAINFUL THING EVAR. It's taking foreverrrrrrr.

I fixed a gas line leak I found and now the car gets pretty dang good gas mileage (as opposed to before, but not quite as good as the 26 MPG I was getting with the 7MGTE - 7M FTW?... IDK...).

I had a problem with my battery draining and dying which I fixed, that was due to a wiring mistake when I was wiring up the alternator (basically I just guessed, it was a 50-50 chance and I was wrong.)

Car is still running great. So far I'm impressed with the Master Power T70 turbo.. call it what you will, but so far it's lasted longer than my Garrett T04E which was freshly rebuilt.

I also cleaned up the cast aluminum nooks n' crannies of my intake manifold, fuel rail, water pump, and head with some Advanced auto brand brake cleaner. That made a huge difference, I was supprised.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
For brake/carb cleaner and lube I use the SuperTech wal-mart brand.

The "lubricant" is better than WD40 in a lot of aspects and is cheaper. It also works well as a mild solvent to clean stuff up.

The carb cleaner is great because it is 100 percent evaporative and doesnt leave a film. I use it a lot as cleaner for paint prep on engine parts.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I really wanted to paint it.. I had all the time in the world but I just saw a light at the end of the tunnel and went for it. I guess I'll have to wait until I blow this bad boy ;)

I'm gonna do some more tuning next, and turn the boost up to about 18-20 PSI before I hook up the methanol injection. I don't think this will be a problem. I want to run 25 PSI on pump and meth, I think it should be safe.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Okay so I upped the boost to 15 PSI today, and it looks like I'm going to need a little bit more fuel according to my injector's duty cycle. Feels pretty damn fast..

Also, I managed to break my transmission today. It won't go into 2nd gear without grinding... 2nd gear synchro I assume? I run GM syncromesh, could this be the problem? Or is it the power? Clutch? what is it?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thought so, well Jangg hooked me up with an R154 for cheap :)

I'm leaving that tranny in until I blow it completely, I don't care. My car is best on the top end anyways (even with the .68 A/R). I'm having a lot of fun beating on this thing...

Okay so I got the wheels I posted earlier in the thread...What do you guys think?... polished.. or gunmetal/grey painted.