2JZ into MA70 Swap Pics etc

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Did you redo the harness 100% and with new amp connectors or splice/extend/repin new wires it looks clean?

Its easy to guess where to knock the firewall back its right behind the rear twin, The only reason the 1JZ doesnt need it knocked in is because its more in the tunnel being mounted 1½" lower being the block height difference.

The car is beautiful, great work & well worth the investment.
You just need the JZ or GA series tach to get it to work good.
Try to get the 9k GA tach or the mkiv TRD 10k if it would fit?

As far as the fan shroud & fitment it works because the JZ series engines been made in the mkiii before so they do fit and the length is the same with them.

If you goto a thick core aftermarket radiator like a koyo you might need a E-fan though.
I dont know why more people dont goto JZ series even the NA engines could be had for as little as 200-400, extra 1200 for GTE, bic mounts for 150 if pre 89, JZ bellhousing for 300.

For the additional reliabilty revs base power its well worth the investment and not as hard as people make it out to be.

Dr Tweak

Splice/extend/repin with mil-spec connections and heat-shrink, then reloomed with new loom, that's how we normally do our wiring conversions. We CAN build totally new harnesses with new terminals and plugs like you mentioned, it's quite expensive though.

For the record the firewall doesn't actually need to be knocked back, the brake lines need to be rerouted, they are actually what's in the way.

Stock 7MGTE tach works fine.

Also I did try a Mishimoto radiator with this and it did NOT fit with the clutch fan. The radiator is a little over an inch too thick.

There are quite a few more expenses than that for doing a full 2JZ swap "the right way", I would never tell anyone that it's a cheap, easy swap :)

-Doc

Mattysupra

Mar 17, 2010
New York
Wats goin dr tweak I am doing a 2j swap on my 88 supra I was Interrested if u can help me out with the wiring if it can be sent to u nd wat do have to do to send it to u nd how much it would be thank bro

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Mattysupra;1544571 said:
Wats goin dr tweak I am doing a 2j swap on my 88 supra I was Interrested if u can help me out with the wiring if it can be sent to u nd wat do have to do to send it to u nd how much it would be thank bro

seriously? WOW, embrace punctuation & grammer.