2JZ-GE-T Build - 89 Turbo Supra

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
So minor problem... The power steering system still squeals like crazy! Realized after talking to Zach and realizing that i put the wrong fluid into it. Hopefully that will help a little bit.

If not, I don't know what to do...

Anyone have ideas?

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Update: I was using the wrong fluid... Stupid, elementary mistake. But I've flushed it and now it works a lot better. I also got the KYB GR2s in and the ride is much better!

So rewind 9 days ago, since then the car has gotten a new waterpump, another powersteering pump, another A/C Compressor, new shocks and fresh oil. This car is leaving Texas a hell of a lot better than when it came in!

Thanks

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I know this will be a hell of a bump but I just wanted to update this thread. I know its been a few years but I realize how dear this vehicle is to me. And how much help I really had from you all. Mainly Josh, Scott, Ben, and local friends who were nearly as invested in my project as I was. The car still has the same swap and I've put a lot of miles on it since the swap. All in all, it made the Texas-Indiana drive numerous times. At least 8 times by my count. 6,400 miles in road tripping alone, not to mention my daily commuter miles, a trip to Indianapolis for a Supra meet in 2009-2010, and numerous trips to Louisville and St. Louis. She's received all new accessories since the completion of my swap as well as a new turbo, a few AFMs, and a clutch.

I've invested my blood, sweat, and even tears into this car of mine. But more importantly, I invested my heart. As cheesy as it sounds, cars are so much more than bits of metal, glass, and rubber. The past two and a half years she's been in Texas while I finish up my masters on the West Coast and I've driven her during the brief trips back home for holidays and what not. I've used a motorcycle as my daily out here for that time as well and while I love riding, I can't connect to it the same as I've connected to this car. This car has presence, character, and class that's been developed over the years. I bought this car in October of 2005 and I never thought I'd go through with a swap like this. No, she's not the fastest, flashiest, or even the most reliable thing around but she's mine. She's driven me through all kinds of times in my life. Death, life, poverty, and prosperity. It's amazing what we share inside or around our cars.

In an age of instant gratification, which we're all guilty of perpetuating, I fear that the art of building these cars is fading. So I urge all of those in the beginning, middle, and end of their projects to persevere. These cars can take a lot of intellectual, emotional, physical, and monetary care but to me, the cost is worth it.

Temporary

p1882006_1.jpg

Here's to all the help y'all provided! Please excuse the excessive ranting but I just stumbled upon this after having not looked at it for a few years. Surely some of y'all understand nostalgia! Here's to seven more years! Keep wrenching! :drink1:

-Nick-

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Thanks for the update, glad she's still treating you well! These cars are definitely a labor of love but as you mentioned the experience, knowledge, and relationships (even via the internet) you gain along the way make it more than worth it. Sounds like yours has held up a little better than mine but I guess road racing and launches at 5k with slicks may have something to do with that :)

I've considered selling my car at times but like you said it's almost part of the family at this point and I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't let me anyways...