2jz dual valve springs in 1jz head

Mr dude

Apr 10, 2007
Rijssen
www.ricotuning.nl
I'm currently building a bullet proof 1JZ, and I ran into the following problem;

Maybe there is someone who actually put dual valvesprings in a 1jz head, and 1mm oversized 2jz valves, (because this is not a 'drop in') could help...

So first of all 2jz valves are different. The 1jz exhaust valve is stock 30 mm while the 2jz exhaust valve is 29 mm. The 1jz intake valve is 32 mm while the 2jz intake valve is 33,6 mm. So I upgraded to 1 mm Oversized 2jz valves from supertech. This makes my 1jz have an intake valve of 34,6 mm and exhaust stays 30 mm. Anyone who says 2jz valves are a drop in, obviously don't know where they talking about.:icon_cool Of course, it can be done but it takes a lot of work to machine the head.
Thought I share this with other people, becouse I couldn't find anyone on the web who has actually done this personally...

I have some supertech dual valvesprings, wich are actually designed for the 2jz. But the inner valvespring (the little one) doesn't seem to fit the 1jz head.
The problem is that the area just around the valveguides is not machined, it's cast alu. So the inner valve spring doesn't lay flat on the head. I looked at some pictures from a 2jz head and there the surrounding area is machined. Now my question is, if anyone has an 2jz head laying arround, can measure up the distance from the top of the valveguide to the surface just next to the valveguide. Not the surface where the original spring is located, but closer to the valveguide. Here's a pic of what I mean.

The pic is a little unclear but you know what I mean:icon_bigg

Attachments

• DSC00714.jpg
    DSC00714.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 97

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
How much horsepower you looking to run? I dont even think they make a came big enough to really need dual valve springs. Its actually counter productive to run extra stiff springs when their not needed. I would say sell those for good money, get some brian crower/ crower springs and retainers and spend the rest of the money somewhere else. Do you really want to go through all the hassle of trying to fit those when their really not needed.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
I got ferrea springs & i can rev to 10k rpms if i wanted to, I have HKS 272s intake & exhaust, 2jz valves blah blah, I know the valve needs to be machine 10mm down i believe, Well if you have a good machinist they should know what to do...

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Remember this my friend, We aint honduuuuhs!!! So we don't need to rev that high to make power...

Mr dude

Apr 10, 2007
Rijssen
www.ricotuning.nl
No they are designed specific for the 1jz and have a higher lift than other cams (9,3 mm on all the JUN cams) Check out Greenline if you are interested.

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/b...oyota&carcode=JZZ30&intake=FI&category=engine

Also ordered some Greddy rods and Cp pistons, looking for big 1jpower.....:naughty:

mhhh just found out that Greenline sells 1mm oversized Naprec valves for the 1jz as well, should have known that before......