2jz aristo harness

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
just bought my aristo 2jz yesterday and im trying to get the wiring out of the way first and have a couple of questions. here is a pic of the E9 connector and the body plug with the computer:

my question is are these the main plugs that normally come with the harness or am I missing the E10 plug, cause ive been reading( and trying to understand) the wiring threads and is said you are supposed to use some of the pins for the E10 on the computer side for some connections but I don't have the harness side plug

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yeah, get an E10 connector... available on many newer Toyotas/Lexus (if you're searching the junk yard. I may part with my spare if you absolutely can't find one). Should be cheap...like $5, not $50. That's mainly for your power connections to/from the C1 connector at engine bay (there are a few more signals that U use tho). Integrate the connector along with the rest of the harness... the C1 wires would come out near where the TPS sensor wire comes out and go to the MKIII junction box area.

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
im guessing it would be on a lexus gs300 but don't know any Toyotas besides a supra it would have it on. don't know which years either. and do you mean to integrate the E10 connector with the rest of the aristo harness?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yeah... I found the E9 & E10 connectors on GS300, GS400, and IS models... Assuming you may also find in the newer Avalons, Camry's etc. You'll know when you see it. And yeah, I integrated mine with the rest of the harness. On some of them models, it's at the dash, as part of the dash/body harness. Look at my wiring peer review, to see what signals you need, and just re-pin the wires as needed. I used a GE E10 and de-pinned the unused wires, and used some of them to repin into the right spots needed for the GTE. The wire colors won't match, but works just the same.

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
awesome, also one more question doesnt match the subject but hate to do thread after thread. i had a 7mgte with a r154 tranny in it could i use that flywheel? i know people buy the 1jz flywheel for the swap but is it different than the 7mgte flywheel or do people just buy it to swap a r154 tranny?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
No... U need the 1JZ flywheel... Basically, the rule of thumb is Flywheel-forward = 1JZ/2JZ components and from the clutch disc back, U use 7M turbo components. I have the Exedy 1JZ PP, dsc, and flywheel in mine.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yeah.... My spare clutch set is a 1JZ lightened flywheel w/stock 7M R154 disc/PP... same shift fork, etc.

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
heard of ppl going with the lightened flywheel but i think im good with stock weight 1jz flywheel could use the extra hundred anyway