2010 Supras Invade Las Vegas (tm) – mid October

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Already planning things out, the things I wanna get done before then (you should see the pile of parts in my room awaiting a long weekend!) and have every intention of being there for the fourth consecutive event Keith. Need to start setting aside money for this though...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
With just over a month left before SILV2010 we are coming down to the wire. We know you have quite a few little details left to complete before making the trek to Las Vegas this year. Here are a few reminders of items that you don’t want to leave off your list.

Our special group rates at the Luxor expire on September 19 - full info can be found at http://Vegas.Supras.Org/2010/hotel.asp. Everyone that gets their reservation in on our group rates before the deadline will be automatically entered in a drawing to have your regular reservation upgraded to a suite. SWEET!

T-shirts are available for pre-order. This year we will not be ordering a lot of extras as we have done in the past. There will be VERY few available for purchase at the event. Also, if you want a Small, Medium, or XXL then the only place you can get one (or more) is online. Please also note that we will be cutting off the pre-orders a bit earlier this year (date TBA). Shirts are $15 and help support this annual Supra tradition. Visit http://Vegas.Supras.Org/2010/tshirt.asp to place your order now.

We are still taking reservations for the Dyno Challenge. Make your reservation online and save $10. Online price is just $50 for two pulls and you can select what hour you would like to make your pulls. Visit http://Vegas.Supras.Org/2010/dyno.asp for more info.

We also have a great lunch option on this year’s Scenic Drive. We will be visiting old town Vegas out at Bonnie Springs before making the drive around the Red Rock Canyon scenic loop. Lunch is only availble by pre-purchase as we have to give the caterer an exact head-count. Complete info and ordering can be found at http://Vegas.Supras.Org/2010/drive.asp.

Thanks to the following sponsors for stepping up and helping ensure that this event continues this year.

Champion Toyota Gulf Freeway / TOYOTAWORLD
DriftMotion
Royal Moore TOYOTA
DIB Printing
more to come

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'll be making as many reservations as my check allows this weekend. :)

Keith, for the dyno event, if we pre-register, is there a schedule or something, as far as the hours go? I'm not terribly picky, but would probably prefer to be sometime in the afternoon, just to give myself and the old lady some time to get up and around...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
We had held the afternoon session open for the big HP guys but I have not heard from many of them yet. I will probably open some of the afternoon up - and may even push back the start to 11am instead of 10.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Good to hear Keith. I wanna get a baseline for my car on twins before I start setting my sights on bigger turbo setups, and there really aren't any dynos within 200 miles of me. :(

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Demand for time on the rollers this year seems a bit low (we only have 1 registration at the 10am time slot).

We are considering giving everyone an extra hour of beauty sleep (I know I could sure use it - no comments about it not working thus far please).

What is everyone's thoughts on starting the dyno at 11am this year instead of 10?

Supras Invade Las Vegas
October 15 - 17, 2010
http://Vegas.Supras.Org/2010
http://www.facebook.com/SuprasInvadeLV

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Wouldn't hurt my feelings. Like I said, I'd like to get a couple runs in to see where I'm at on a mostly stock setup. :)

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Online T-shirt sales will close at 5pm PDT on September 18 (this coming Saturday). We will only be ordering a few extra L and XL shirts. If you need a specific size, or you would like to guarantee that you get this year's shirt, place your order online before that date. We are looking at only getting about 2 dozen extra shirts to sell at the event.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just reserved our room, dyno slot, and lunch at the scenic drive. Keith, I have a couple questions though... First off, with the room, I could only really afford to reserve the first couple nights at this time. We'll be staying the entire time, I just wanted to be sure we'd be able to get the group rate. Are we going to be able to extend our stay at the group rate, or should I see what I can do to pay for that now?

Second, I set my reservation for a 12pm dyno slot, how flexible are you guys on that? I've never had a car worth putting on the rollers until now, so never actually done this... I noticed below the time selection on the SILV site, there's an option for "alternate" but it says that you must meet certain requirements? Yet, it has no description of said requirements...

Third, how's the chicken? $26 is kinda a bit pricey for lunch, as I'm sure I'm not the first to bring it up, but I've had food I would have paid more for, just wanting to know what kinda chicken we're talking about. :p

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
On the room... you can adjust your reservation down later... but you cannot add nights on our group rate once our rates expire. I would make your reservation for every night you think you'll be joining us and knock nights off later. Remember... you only pay for the first night's room + tax when you make your reservation.

On the dyno. In the past we've put the high HP cars together to ensure that those that just want to see the big power cars only knew when the excitement was going to kick off. We are currently looking at opening up the entire day as demand has been very limited. We are also going to cut out most (if not all) of the morning - we are still discussing the start time. There is also a thought to open up the dyno to all cars - with trophies only for the Supras.

I know that the lunch option is a bit steep compared to other options. Please note that we will have our own private room for lunch and that this is a fully catered meal. Lunch + admission to the ranch is just $20. Then you add on the 26.1% tax/tip (required) and a small fee for processing (CC) and that puts you right there at the $26.99 price - see exact breakdown on the website. Remember too that this includes some entertainment at the ranch (melodrama and a hanging). Any time you get into a catered option like this the price goes up. Then add on top of the higher price the "Vegas tax" and the prices go even higher. That said... they just tried to dump another $750 setup on top of this if we have less than 100 people (WTF?!?). That would have made the lunch $41 per person. I called them on this BS and they dropped it pretty quickly. We know that the price is still a bit high... but there's nothing we can do.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sounds like I'll be the only one dynoing this year. Exciting stuff haha... all 300hp of stock twin fury! :p

Fixed the room thing, thanks for pointing that out. Thought they were gonna charge all $400+ up front, didn't much like that idea.

And thanks for sticking up for us on the lunch thing, unless you kill a fresh chicken for me and prepare it right there on a grill, I really don't see $41 being worth it. Hell, steak is hardly worth that kind of money...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I love how I'm the only one posting in here, I hope I'm not the only one there! :biglaugh:

Keith, are the dyno and show/shine one in the same, or do you have to pay separately for each event? Just trying to budget here, we're dialing in my car for the drags this week. I'm waiting on Discounttiredirect.com to get off their maintenance schedule so I can get a new set of tires...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
If you dyno the cost is $60 (but you can save $10 if you sign up online). The show is $30 and the drags are $30 (you can participate in both but you pay for both).

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Err... sorry, was rather tired when I posted that. I meant the show/shine and the drags, but it seems you answered my question. So why does the show and shine cost money this year? I can't say I remember it costing anything since 06...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
No worries... and you won't be the only one there this year. I've heard there will be 20 MkIIs this time - so imagine what that means.

We had a $45 entry fee for the Show-and-Shine back in 2008 - it included a T-shirt though. So $30 at the gate + a $15 T-shirt is right at the same.

This year's Show-and-Shine is being held at the dragstrip. The only way to get in will be to pay your registration fee ($30 gets your car in the gate. Think of it this way... It is $20 to spectate and you can park your Supra inside the gate for $10. Does that help? You get to watch the drags, be in the Supra show, check out a bunch of honduhs (sorry guys - I gotta keep my cred up with the Supra guys), and check out the half pint brawlers. You can even get your Dope @$$ed stereo mic'd to find out how many fat dBs you are dropping. Disclaimer: Sorry if I butchered that last part. I just hit the big 40 and may have lost touch with you younger folk. GET OFF MY LAWN YOU CRAZY KIDS!

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You and IJ...:: IJ. ::

Makes sense Keith, I haven't had my own car to be at the show/shine since 2006, due to some bad luck/timing the last couple events. Seems the lunch option was dropped, I dunno if you mentioned that?

Oh, and just so we're clear, it's $30 to get into the show/shine, which includes spectating rights at the drags? How much extra is it to actually RUN our cars? Mine's not all that pretty, but she (sorta) means business... I would love to get a baseline time while we're there considering the nearest 1/4 mile track to where I live is over 200 miles away. :(

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Yes... the $30 Show-and-Shine entry fee includes access to watch the drags. Racing and Showing have separate entry fees so if you want to race and show it would be $30 to purchase the dash card and voting ballot for the show and $30 to purchase your tech card for racing.

I have announced that the lunch has been canceled and begun the process to refund people's fees (thanks again to those that did step up and pay their fee - we are VERY sorry we had to cancel the lunch). The drive is still on. I'll be updating information on the road (I leave home on Thursday morning - and have WAY too much stuff left to do). ACK!

See you guys VERY soon!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
No worries about the lunch Keith, sounded tasty, but I'm sure my mom could do better for a lot less than $26. :p

Was kinda odd though, got a refund on my credit card after I had paid it all off... I've never seen a NEGATIVE cc balance.