2 Fuel Pumps or 2 + 1?

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Stupid question, but in your opinion which is a overall better concept for a fuel delivery system. The 2 main pumps are real Walbro external 255's. The car needs 2.

1. Leave the stock pump in the tank to feed the 2 inline pumps, perhaps put a surge tank between them.

2. Throw away the stock pump and have the inline pumps draw from outside.

You Opinion is welcomed.
Evan

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
If you are running twin external Walbros I would use the stock pump as a lift pump for a Surge tank. Then run the return from the rail into the surge tank and then an over flow from the top of the surge tank to the main tank.

The twin external walbros will not lift the fuel well and they need gravity flow at least.

I was going to do this set up with the twin 044 fuel pumps I have but ran into problems with the legality of having it in the back of the car. I have ended up using one 044 in line with the MKIV pump as a booster. I hear doing this is good to 700hp.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
garagefujimoto;1326041 said:
When did you stop driving?
Mine was ripped apart in about April 2006 to sell the original 1JZGTE to pay for upgrades.

I never started driving it, I drove it for a month after I got it going a blow the engine. After that I was chasing the cause of the failer and finally fixed it this winder with a ViPEC and a legit harness. I think I have 2000kms on it since Oct 2005.