1uz

TTsupra

Nov 11, 2009
california
i seen a couple of lexus swaps 2jzge but y would sumone put a 1UZ v8 on a supra? doesnt that takes away the true supra idea?

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
Because it's their money and that's what they want to do. Last I heard, as long as it's got a Supra badge, then it's probably a Supra.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
be different. at least its a toyota engine and a dam good one at that. there car there money who cares.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mastapip;1474016 said:
Because it's their money and that's what they want to do. Last I heard, as long as it's got a Supra badge, then it's probably a Supra.

As above, the way I look at it the Mk3 is a brilliant platform but has a few drawbacks one being weight.

Before anyone jumps in with "You can strip out a ton of weight" save your breath I :love: the Supra for being a Supra and not some tinny rattle box with no Mod Cons.

I looked at the 1Uz but decided if I were going to go to that amount of work/effort I'd like more than an extra litre capacity for off boost performance, hence the 6.0L Chev.

I have trouble understanding the "It's a Toyota V8" PoV like that somehow makes the swap to an 8 more acceptable in some way.

Don't really care what engine is in a car as long as it performs as desired.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
i had a run with a mk4 with a 1uz, running 8psi on a ct26 he had me until the end of 2nd gear. sounded cool

It's cool because its different. you expect it to be turbo!