1UZ TPS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
Will the TPS from the 1UZ work on the 7M? I'm building an FFI and I'm using the 70mm 1UZ TB. I have a complete 1UZ engine wire harness so I have the right clip. I hear the 2JZ and Camry use the same one.

Only knowlagable people with facts need reply.

P.S. Don't give me that "search" crap either. I did and my question was not satisfied.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Darkcyde said:
P.S. Don't give me that "search" crap either. I did and my question was not satisfied.

I don't know the answer because this is not a topic that gets covered 5 times a week (like the normal "search for it" posts) so that is not really needed imo. Also a small please and thanks goes a long way with some people here. :)

Last edited:

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
Why the fuck would you ask a question.. when you have a 1UZ TPS and a 7M sitting right in front of you???

You have BOTH parts. Look at them. Remove the 7m tps and see if it pysically fits on the 1uz TB.

I forsee your project as not happening since you're asking dumbass questions. Wanting us to spoon feed you the answers.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Aljordan, that was a dumbass answer, and his question was NOT a dumbass question, I don't know why you'd say that.

The 1UZ TB turns the opposite direction of stock, he wants to use the 1UZ TB and TPS, and wants to know if the TPS output will match the 7M TPS output.

Obviously the 7M TPS will NOT work on the 1UZ TB.

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
aljordan said:
I forsee your project as not happening since you're asking dumbass questions. Wanting us to spoon feed you the answers.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the tank is just tacked together for mock-up reasons
sm_photo_missing.jpg

What was that again?

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
The 7m TPS will work with the 1UZ TB (bolts on)you might have to make an adapter since it is off 180 deg but it turns the same way Ive heard that the 1UZ TPS plugs into our harness but I have yet to see this. mayeb certain years used different TPS but the one I have does not plug into the 7m harness.

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
suprra_girl said:
lintlars, could you post up the part number of the 1uz tps that does "not" fit the 7m harness for future reference?

89452-33010

7M TPS and harness on the right and the 1UZ TPS and harness on the left.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The 1UZ is out of a '93 SC400.

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
wow let me start off by saying im so glad i found this thread lol iv brrn trying to figure this out, i dont know what tb i what to go with (2jz,q45,1uz) im thinking of keeping my stock one cuz i know it fits lol but i really perfer to us the 2jz or the 1uz

can someone explain the whole 7m tps fits the 1uz but you have to turn it 180deg thnks. so all you have to do is just put the 7m tps back wards on the 1uz then right ??????

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
supramic said:
can someone explain the whole 7m tps fits the 1uz but you have to turn it 180deg thnks. so all you have to do is just put the 7m tps back wards on the 1uz then right ??????

I'm trying to find out if the 1UZ TPS will work with the 7M ECU so I don't have to
dick around with trying to fit a 7M TPS.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
Jeff Lange said:
Aljordan, that was a dumbass answer, and his question was NOT a dumbass question, I don't know why you'd say that.

The 1UZ TB turns the opposite direction of stock, he wants to use the 1UZ TB and TPS, and wants to know if the TPS output will match the 7M TPS output.

Obviously the 7M TPS will NOT work on the 1UZ TB.

I say its a dumbass question becuase he has BOTH TBs sitting in front of him!!!! He could remove the 7m TPS, and try and install it on the 1UZ TB. Easy to do. Nooooooo. He wanted someone to spoon feed him the answer.

That was my reason on my post.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
Darkcyde said:
[deleted picture]
[deleted picture]
[deleted picture]

What was that again?

Ok.. you have the parts.. now put it goether and make it work. ANYONE can buy or cut metal and fab it up. Now make the car run with it.

I said this will not happen since you're asking questions that you should figure out. You have BOTH TBs in front of you. Look at both TPSs, and count the pins. Hit the local toyota dealer and write down the TPS specs for the 1UZ. Compare it to the specs of the 7M TPS. GO from there.

I HATE spoon feeding children these days. Back in the day.. you looked at stuff and figured it out on your own. Not now.. ask someone else to do the reasearch for ya.

Friggen pathetic.

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
aljordan said:
Ok.. you have the parts.. now put it goether and make it work. ANYONE can buy or cut metal and fab it up. Now make the car run with it.

I said this will not happen since you're asking questions that you should figure out. You have BOTH TBs in front of you. Look at both TPSs, and count the pins. Hit the local toyota dealer and write down the TPS specs for the 1UZ. Compare it to the specs of the 7M TPS. GO from there.

I HATE spoon feeding children these days. Back in the day.. you looked at stuff and figured it out on your own. Not now.. ask someone else to do the reasearch for ya.

Friggen pathetic.
hey man calmdown he most likely does not want to waste his money. if his fab work goes wrong then hes out of two tb

ok guys i when to the local parts store and the tps from the 1uz all years and the 7m allyears are diffrent if anyone likes i will post the part #
now with this said i have an idea, ! now correct me if im wrong isn't a tps almost the same as a varible resistor or a dimer. the more open the throttle the more or lest resistince is going threw the circuit ??because if that is all that it is then all that need to be done is to open the tps and change the resistence or add resisers the the output wires

sorry folks i cant spell worth shit lol been out of school to long

Status
Not open for further replies.