1jzgte project went terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

specevil

oreo
Apr 25, 2009
Ft Worth TX
That dude is raping you without lube! Call Ross at Dynosaur performance In Ft. Worth, Tx. he should be able to get you straightened out 817-614-3740(i am in no way affiliated with him, but he knows his stuff)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
specevil;1315628 said:
That dude is raping you without lube! Call Ross at Dynosaur performance In Ft. Worth, Tx. he should be able to get you straightened out 817-614-3740(i am in no way affiliated with him, but he knows his stuff)

i'll second dynosaur

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
supraman2008;1315163 said:
so the guy at the shop said it would cost me around 7 k to completely rebuild my 1j or he is willing to swich it out for a built 7mgte with trany and install it for no extra cost in return for my whole set up.

WAT? ahahahah think about that

Jostar;1315191 said:
HELL OH NO!!!!!! he is trying to RIP you a NEW ONE!!!!!! Now, take a seat & explain to us with great detaill on back broke on the motor, Then move on to the tranny.... 7K for a built 1jz sound about right buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut how many HP are you looking for??? or had?

Agreed

BorHor;1315193 said:
I think you need to find another shop.

x2

aphxero;1315222 said:
Yeah seriously.

1j rebuild is cheap he's fucking you.

you can find a stock 1jz bottom end and head for $600!

GotTurbos?;1315231 said:
He's trying to screw you.

Agreed

tlo86;1315508 said:
milking you for money ;)
x2

kazeyuki;1315591 said:
7m more reliable then the 1jz hah... that should be the first red flag lol.

indeed

Now read all these posts and put it together haha good luck...

Ryan_V

Mar 1, 2009
Austin
Several thing's-
You installed a used motor and tranny. Did anyone check compression on this motor???
They turned up the boost and either blew your motor, or your motor was bad from the get go.

On top of that your tranny very well could've been on the way out, and the extra power pushed it over the edge.

Long as your paying a middle man 'tuning shop', your going to get bent over on a motor rebuild. Sure they'll pull the motor, but all their going to do is send the motor to a machine shop, which you could have ANY mechanic do.

The only thing a regular old mechanic couldn't do is tune the EMS.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Sounds like the tuner did not know what he was doing.

Reminds me of the guy who blew up my 7M on the dyno by taking -40 on the SAFC ALL across the board with Lex/550's on a 20G. Bright.

There's someone in NC you can trust your car to who can at least put the car into storage until you get back.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
How you cook a motor and trany at the same time is beond me. IF the engines junk you have no power to junk the tranny. if you junk the tranny, you cant go anywhere so theres no reason to be running the car thus no way to junk the motor. furthermore that guys fucking you in the ass, time to pick up a wrench, or at least find a new shop...

90Supra-gte

Excited
Feb 9, 2007
Norway
This is insane! Biggest A-Hole Iv'e heard about! Sounds like he doesnt know Supras at all.. +1 for changing shop or doing it yourself. There is so much info to find here on Supramania in the tech section and the build section. I could never have done my 2jz swap without it. Good luck to you. :icon_bigg

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
get your ass over there and take your baby back with you! This is just one big headache.. hes trying to rip you off.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Seriously, he is. It's almost WORSE if he isn't - that means he believes what he says, and should be NOWHERE near your car!

Ship it to me, I'll give you a proper rundown on what you have, what you need to replace, you can tell me what your goals are with the car, and I'll do what I do best -

Make things happen. :)

supraman2008

mk3 lover
Aug 9, 2007
houston texas
ok guys, i've finally gotten my car outta there! one of the members pm'ed me about this great shop in southwest houston ( Oasis Car Care ) and i actually had my car towed there this morning, the guy defenately knows what hes doing, he had 4 Mk3 Supra's there to begin with! well to make a long story short, hes gonna re-do my 1J, and hes giving me a hell of a good price! wayyyyy better than that last guy! u guys were right! he wuz ripping me off!!! well i thank all of u for all ur advice! the guy who referred me to his shop also got his car done from there and said he does a really nice job + he backs his word/work! Plz never ever go to this shop called: " Secret Services " ( in houston ) cuz there the ones that did all this to me and i would never forget this!

Tx all of u!

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
Ever thought of doing a 1.5JZ install? You are at the perfect situation for it right now. Buy a new 2jz block from Champion in Houston (See Jeff Watson) and refresh the head. Swap all the 1jz stuff, use a 2jz timing and serpentine belt, and modify the coolant line and wala--1.5JZGTE. The motor will run you about 2500 (Brand New from Toyota) and the head in the range of $350 -500 depending on the shop you take it to. All in all you will be in around the 3500 range with gaskets and belts. You will end up with more torque and an extra .5 liters of displacement = faster turbo response.

Just my two cents...

red91turbo;1322295 said:
Ever thought of doing a 1.5JZ install? You are at the perfect situation for it right now. Buy a new 2jz block from Champion in Houston (See Jeff Watson) and refresh the head. Swap all the 1jz stuff, use a 2jz timing and serpentine belt, and modify the coolant line and wala--1.5JZGTE. The motor will run you about 2500 (Brand New from Toyota) and the head in the range of $350 -500 depending on the shop you take it to. All in all you will be in around the 3500 range with gaskets and belts. You will end up with more torque and an extra .5 liters of displacement = faster turbo response.

Just my two cents...

+1
I second this!
definitely sounds awesome. 1.5jz is much more fun with the extra torque.

supraman2008;1323042 said:
yes, i took it outta there and gave it to someone that actually knows what there doing! and it will be done in about 2 weeks!
That is awesome dude, once complete you are going to have a blast! :) I would not suggest 26lbs of boost again with street gas though. That is a bit excessive. With the right tune, maybe, but that is defiantly dangerous and really pushing the car. We don't have dinky 4 bangers that need that sort of boost to get performance. :) Most guys run between 15-20 daily on their builds. Once i am done with my build i am planning on setting my boost controller to about 17 daily.

supraman2008

mk3 lover
Aug 9, 2007
houston texas
thanks for everyones advice now im just hoping my car gets done and i can finally drive it its been about 1 year since i havnt been able to get my hands on it. This guy sounds like he knows what he is doing:biglaugh: and seems to be straight up with any questions thats i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.