1jzgte ecu extention

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
I wanted to post something i found during my swap that helps those doing a 1jzgte swap. I tried searching around to see if someone had posted it but the search engine in here wouldnt let me. So i dont know if someone has posted it already but here it goes

The honda/acura NSX has the same ecu plugs as the 1zgte. so if you go to www.boomslang.us and email them for an 18" NSX extention ($215 shipped) you can plug your 1jzgte ecu and harness together and go through the firewall like stock. If you cut the loom off your harness and stretch it out as much as you can it will tuck behind the engine and behind the charcoal canister. then its sort of a pain but you can clip the harness extention in along with your body plugs (got mine done throw driftmotion for $85 iirc) and hydro fan (if you use it).

All in all $300 wiring conversion if done this way. Not to bad. Just thought id post it up. Like i said the search engine didnt like the "nsx" in it.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
i got a pic of it, but i gotta finish cleaning it up. ie: slide the boot down to the hole in the firewall, finish with wire loom. Just touch up stuff. I will tell you it is sort of a pain to make the connections on the cabin side of the firewall with the dash in the way since the harness clips into the bar instead of individually. It takes patience and a couple of beers to do it properly. i managed to do my wiring for 1jz all with in a 12 pack.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
I saw this harness today. Very awesome way to save time , money and prevent errors using the boomslang extension. Fits in the right locations. Swap looks good.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
woot! thanks man. well there you have it. an easy, cost effective way. other than getting a pin kit and an a$$ load of wire and doing it yourself. Just remember you need about 16-18 inches extention. also remember that you need to extend your hydro fan ecu. thats easy though, there are 10 20gauge wires.

tylerjacobsen85

WVsupradriver
Nov 28, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Thats a sweet idea.

Heres some more ecu connectors that are the same.

12423352048.jpg

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
yeah a few cars have similar plugs but the NSX harness has the same four plugs on the harness which makes it great. Same configuration as 1JZ so its basically wire to wire.

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
Wow!!! i would never think any other car would have the same ecu connectors as the 1jzgte. Nice find. This will help out many forum members.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
.......Mother Fu-.....

Right after I spent an assload of money on my wiring, LOL.

Awesome find. I'm really curious to know just how you managed to come across this find? Did you just happen to have an NSX sitting there and happened to compare and realized this would work?

I'm impressed. :aigo:

Jeff

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
actually i came across it pretty easily. I asked boomslang if they had an extrention for the ecu and they asked to see pics of the ecu. So i sent them pics of it and they told me it was the same as a obd1 nsx ecu. so i ordered an 18in extention and yep it works!

Adrenaline

Crazy Canuck
Sep 27, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Good find! Lengthening that harness is a major PITA, and a costly bit of work. If you bought a 1J w/o the front clip, you would be short the mating plugs to do a proper conversion harness. I'm just wrapping up another 1J conversion today and will snap pics of the conversion harnesses I make using the old 7M harness and the 1J body harness. I'm also planning to add a link on my site which has the corrected pinouts for both gens of MKIII into the JZA70 connectors as current web offerings are incorrect.
Currently, I have a CD put together with info that I've amassed over the years documenting the swap and procedures. I may market that info shortly - everything that you need to know to do the swap correctly and safely on one CD.
I'm also considering an extension/adapter harness that is year specific so it is literally plug and play, and would cost less than having a shop do it.