1jzgte dry sump

RX60angel

Apr 22, 2011
Arima
I hope this is the correct forum. I am planning of swapping a 1jzgte into a rx60 Cressida RHD (not sure if you guys have it). Anyway, I would just like some recommendations on a good and affordable dry sump system for the swap. Thank you.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Why do you want to run a dry sump? Second, it will be very close, if not the same, to the 2JZ setup. Call Titan Motorsports, they will be able to help you.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
hvyman;1704442 said:
^ so the oil doesn't slosh away from the pick up. Dry sump>wet sump.

I know what the purpose of it is but I was asking what was his main purpose, like drifting or circuit racing.

Also, do you know what the price of running a setup like that cost?

Reason I asked "why," is the same reason I would ask "why," to someone who says, "I want to run 20 pounds of boost."

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Most any dry sump set up will need to be custom made directly into the specific car it is intended for. The pan is custom, all the plumbing will have to be made, the drive system will have to be created also. One company at one time had a dry sump pump mount made for the 2jz, but that may not fit any ones build exactly.

The best way I have found to do this set up is to buy the correct size pump first anad correct size tank that actually fits somewhere 2nd. Then fab a mount for the pump that allows adjustable movement on 2 axis. The create a drive system from the damper. I like the peterson spline drive set up. Then the correct matching pulley for the pump. You purchase the drive belt after the correct alignment for the pulleys is made since you may not know the length needed until after the previous step is done. Then mount your tank. Now build all your lines with all your filters ect. I always do the lines last since the start and end points are now fixed and known.

Expect to spend 1400 to 2000 dollars.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I always wanted to do this in order to drop the engine a bit. What's a realistic amount you can lower an engine with a dry sump setup? Price is ridiculous, but I have always liked the idea from a handling perspective...