1JZGTE 1mm oversized exhaust valves!!

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
Im unable to find 1JZGTE exhaust valves 1mm oversized. I'm getting head work done and already have the CP piston set.
I have called Driftmotion, Brian Crower and Ferrea and no one makes 1J exhaust valves. Ferrea can make a custom exhaust valve but they want $60 each!!

Need help.
Thx.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I was searching for this same thing about 2-3 years ago when building the head. IIRC, JUN was the only one who offered them at one point other than custom from Ferrea. I'd say your money would be better spent on a good porting job considering there aren't many 'on the shelf' options for 1j exhaust valves.

Edit: $60/valve isn't all THAT bad, considering you only would need 12... ;)

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
I may settle for just a port/polish with BC springs and valve seals. I'm running 264 Titan cams and the stock valves are in good shape.

Edit: Curious to know if anyone else has ran with CP piston set from Driftmotion and over sized valves.

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I was looking for this before. The STOCK 1JZ Exhaust valve is 1MM BIGGER than the 2JZ Exhaust valve.

Stock 2JZ Intake valves are 2.6MM bigger than 1JZ Intake Valves.

So you can get 2JZ Valves. 2MM Exhaust and Stock Intake.

So with those valves, you will have 1MM bigger exhaust and 2.6MM bigger intake.

I'd just run stock valves. They are fine with just a valve job to make 600HP.

http://www.soarerworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23171

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I believe so. The guy in that link said he has used them in his head.

For assurance, call Ferrera or BC or the vendor you will get your valves from and ask for the spec on the valve stem diameter and then mic your 1JZ valve stems and see.

You can refer to the 2JZ TSRM, Google that term and you will find it, for the specs on the valve stems size.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Stock 1JZ and 2JZ valves don't like upgraded valve springs, after a wile the stem stretches and head of the valve has an umbrella effect. Picture an umbrella fully open and you force it past the stop it opens all the way over. The same thing happens to a stock valve with heat and higher spring pressure. Add some higher boost to the equation and you will find out the hard way, when the stock valves fail. I have the connections to get the Valves and upgraded valve guides but the prices are not cheap.

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
Hey Soapra,

What valves do you recommend with BC springs and valve seals? Can you get oversized intake/exhaust valves or are they stock size?

Edit: I did call Brian Crower and Driftmotion today and they don't have 2mm oversized valves.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
soapra;1780542 said:
Stock 1JZ and 2JZ valves don't like upgraded valve springs, after a wile the stem stretches and head of the valve has an umbrella effect. Picture an umbrella fully open and you force it past the stop it opens all the way over. The same thing happens to a stock valve with heat and higher spring pressure. Add some higher boost to the equation and you will find out the hard way, when the stock valves fail. I have the connections to get the Valves and upgraded valve guides but the prices are not cheap.
I don't plan on running more than maybe 7500rpm, as I'm building it all for mid-high range power, but I am curious at what you have in mind here, as far as details and ballpark pricing. You know, just in case I end up deciding some stock valves sound tasty someday. :)

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
With current exchange rate, the valve are 750.00 US. That's for intake and exhaust 1mm over sized. shipping is a little extra. We can also get bronze guides. none of these parts are available in the US.

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
Looks like I have no choice but to get the valves. Ill be running a similar rpm range as te72 with 20+ pounds of boost and 600+ hp range. I will call the machine shop about valve seats, guides and anything else needed before ordering the valves. Thx soapra.

g-magoo

Jul 13, 2011
FL
soapra;1780542 said:

Even beehive valve springs? I imagine that they'd be easier on the valves due to their lower seat pressure.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
soapra;1780701 said:
With current exchange rate, the valve are 750.00 US. That's for intake and exhaust 1mm over sized. shipping is a little extra. We can also get bronze guides. none of these parts are available in the US.
That's not all that bad, I think I paid something like $500-ish for the same thing when I built the 7m head that I used for all of a couple thousand miles haha... Thanks man. :)

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
No they are not JUN Valves. I went through one of my friends in Japan that is currently employed at Top Secret and we went direct to a manufacturer in Japan. I would try to do it here in the states but I much rather sell good quality engine internals, I don't want these parts failing and coming back to hunt me.

I had a set made here in the US and it was outrageous price for one set of valves. Not to mention that the job was most likely outsourced to china anyways.