1jzgt head on a 2jzge vvii short block.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Well I f-Ed up and blew a ic pipe and sucked a lot of dirt into my engine. So now lose of compression. So I have found a 2jzge vvii motor. Will my non vvii 1jzgte head fit and work on the this lower end? My 1j is a non vvii.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Blocks are the same. What makes it Vvti is the head and electronics. So yes.

Vvti the computer uses a Solinoid with oil pressure to move the cam for better torque down low and more power up top. It's like dailing in cams with cam gears except its all electronically controlled and happens fast.

Also if dirt went into the intake you lose of compression could be more head related than block.
Inspection would help tho.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
VVTI... it's all in your head! :p

I would also recommend a thorough inspection of the head, just in case.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
lmao!!!! Guess i was really tired when i posted this. Yes the head is going to the machine shop as soon as i disassemble the motor. The only other real big thing i will need to do is plumb the block for the turbo oil lines and swap out the oil pump out with a tt pump and at last get a 2jzgte head gasket? Please correct me if i am wrong.

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
Not saying this directly relating to the JZ, but the 1UZ VVTI has a different block than the 1UZ Non VVTI. There are different oil galley setups on the VVTI for the 1UZ.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The VVT-i GE block has different rods than a non VVT-i GE block. They are skinnier. Get a non VVT-i GE block and follow my 1.5JZ list and be happy.