1JZ_Oil Leak to coilpacks assembly

CrazyHorse26

Formerly Puerto
Aug 2, 2011
Long Beach, CA
so i recently parked my ride to start my work on her and come to find out after pulling out the the coilpack assemblys that each spark plug unit is filled with oil, i have to find out what has caused this, all my valve cover bolts are tighented to specs and even replaced them, so now i ll be spending more time on her to fix the little stuff that needs to be looked at, i really need to get theses things done asap, my block and head are recently rebuilt from the ground up. any suggestions?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You have leaky valve cover gaskets. Have you replaced the stock phillips head screws with a 10MM head bolt? If you have, change the gaskets out. That is really the only place that will leak oil there unless it is the Allen head but between the spark plugs that are leaking but I doubt that.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Sometimes when they are new, they don't get installed quite right, the gasket falls off the cover and gets pinched, causing it to leak even when they are new. Happened to me once

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Recently found some oil in same place on my 2J. Valve cover gaskets are fine... Looked closely and looks like the 2 small hoses between the valve covers may be the culprit. There was a very faint trail coming from the bottom of each, where they meet the valve cover nipples. The hoses are still fairly new and pliable, not hard/brittle.

I cleaned things up a bit and put small worm clamps on 'em. I am pretty sure that's the fix. Will let ya know in another week or two when I reassemble/install the engine (thrust washer failure = crankwalk).