1jz with PS but no A/C

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
hey there people, ive searched everywhere and I can't get a straight answer, im wanting to ditch the A/C on my 1jz but keep the power steering, the problem is that the P/S pump bolts to the A/C compressor, removing the compressor doesnt really yield any hard points to bolt the PS pump to, do you have to disassemble the A/C unit to get the front plate off of it to have something to bolt too? this car is going to be for the track so i wanted to shed those unneeded lbs, any ideas people?

thanks

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
NecroCyde;1033719 said:
hey there people, ive searched everywhere and I can't get a straight answer, im wanting to ditch the A/C on my 1jz but keep the power steering, the problem is that the P/S pump bolts to the A/C compressor, removing the compressor doesnt really yield any hard points to bolt the PS pump to, do you have to disassemble the A/C unit to get the front plate off of it to have something to bolt too? this car is going to be for the track so i wanted to shed those unneeded lbs, any ideas people?

thanks

I am curious about this as well because I would like to remove my AC but still maintain the power steering.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
i just installed p/s without a/c.

the pump is held on to by the upper bracket thats connected right under neath the intake manifold and then also a bolt holding the p/s pump bracket to the engine...THATS IT. nothing else.

also get a belt for a 2000 audi a4 2.8 liter. it works PERFECT.

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
str8_6;1034281 said:
i just installed p/s without a/c.

the pump is held on to by the upper bracket thats connected right under neath the intake manifold and then also a bolt holding the p/s pump bracket to the engine...THATS IT. nothing else.

also get a belt for a 2000 audi a4 2.8 liter. it works PERFECT.

looks like that will work just fine, im shocked actually, im just going to put a nut and washer at the end of the bolt where it goes through the mounting point to make sure is stays the fuck put and i bolted the other point where it was holding strong, even though that bolt sticks out like 1.5 inches from the actualy mounting point on the bracket. should work, now i just need a belt and to rip out the condensor from the shell.