1JZ VVTI turbo downpipe question

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Hi

i'v been looking on google and using the search on here but i can't for the life of me find a downpipe for a single vvti 1jz. the stock one is horrible so i was looking into an aftermarket one to free up some flow and just sound a bit nicer.

anyone no where i can pick one up ?

Cheers

shima

grimreefer

Aug 13, 2011
209 CA
I'm having the same exact problem, luckily that turbo has the same flange my mustangs headers do, so I was familiar with the flange. someone correct me if im wrong, but i think the flange is 3.5 inches, but you ight want to double check that. What i was gonna do is buy a 3.5" header flange, weld 3.5" pipe down into a 3.5 inch (pipe to flange) reducer, and then get the 3"flange and go 3" all the way back. with thos flanges an a DOM stainless bend and you should have a pretty nice down pipe :D

And btw you dont have to do like I did, this is just what im doing. If your a little tighter on the budget you can do 3" for your downpipe, Im just willing to spend the cash, and I cant stress this enough, spend whatever you can on the DP itll make the biggest difference in your exhaust setup, Im on a tight budget so what I migt do is 3.5" stainlesd DP and do 3" mild steel the whole way out but we'll see, theres still another 2 weeks before my builds headed to the welding shop.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
The 1jzgte has the same flange as the vvti, just get a jza70 downpipe and twist the flange then weld it back on.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I can't say I've ever come across a full downpipe that replaces the piping between the turbo and where the typical JZA80 downpipe meets up. I would think you're going to be needing a custom made one... might check with Driftmotion though, they might have something for this application, I know they service VVTI turbos, maybe they sell DP's too. Good luck!