1JZ vs 7M

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Right now the 1JZ has a T66 on a deltagate, the 7M has a 62-1 on a tial. The JZ isn't fueled all the way yet (needs larger than 550s), the 7M is. Most likely will be moving to GT35s on both of them. I think it will be interesting to see which one makes more at the same psi. But first I need to see what I can put down on both of the turbos that are on them already.

Both pictures were taken on my camera phone on a low res setting, so don't expect super quality. I'll only do that after I have both of the engine bays nice and clean.

p207260_1.jpg

p207260_2.jpg

Just need to get a MAFT-PRO for the 1JZ. Hint hint to anyone that can get that done.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Allan_MA70 said:
WHY???? is map sensor based allredy!!!!

MAP is just a single feature of the MAFT-PRO. There is also wideband auto tune, injector scaling, timing monitoring (with control coming around the corner), boost control, fine fuel control tuning, etc etc. The 1JZ being MAP already just means I don't need to buy those sensors, so I could use the base system.

The PRO is much more than just a MAP conversion...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Those are both yours, Bob? Very nice indeed. MAFT-PRO on a 1JZ would be sweet! Kind of like people who run DSMLink on EVO8's...

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Hey, I said they were both pretty dirty. The 7M will be pretty blang bling soon. Sending a turdload of crap to get powder coated.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Dropped the tank on the 7M today to switch from a comp fitting on the tank fuel line, to a flare fitting. Flared the hard tube, now I just need to wait for my male/male before I can put the tank back up. Also switching from adaptors on the stock filter, to an Earls.

I'll go all SS on the 1JZ next month.

I shoulda resized the pic, but oh well. F it.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
OneJoeZee said:
I wasn't aware you had a 1j. I always though you were part of the 1j hater bandwagon.:)

nice setup. hows it drive...

I'm part of the "people that replace perfectly good 7Ms are fucking retards club," not the "it was a NA anyways, so might as well" club.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
It's not that I am a hater, but nobody likes being upped by their smaller, younger and faster baby brother. LMAO :)

Last edited: