1JZ swap - Part II

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
thats right... i blew up my 1j. so its time for a new one.

here's pics from day #1

here's the new 1j being cleaned off

p149901_1.jpg

Jose and Aaron loading it up to take home

p149901_2.jpg

p149901_3.jpg

I took this one on the freeway because i thought it was cool

p149901_4.jpg

1blownZ. It's seen better days... ready to lay this one to rest in peace(or pieces. whichever you prefer)

p149901_5.jpg

The new one waiting to go in

p149901_6.jpg

This sparkplug came out of the #6 cylinder. which is the one that blew up.

Note that this plug is only about 1000 miles old...

p149901_7.jpg

Pretty messed up, huh? :]

Couple hours of work. almost ready to come out.

p149901_8.jpg

p149901_9.jpg

That's all for today! Moving right along.

questions? comments? concerns?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
oh. and before anyone asks questions what happened to the first one. it suffered too much detonation because of a pretty bad boost spike that i had trouble tuning out of the boost controller. that combined with the ecu that did not have any limiters on it was a recipe for disaster...

If I wasn't being careless about it, i could have saved the motor. but shit happens. its ok. i dont mind paying for another one :]

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Allan_MA70 said:
question,how much has an engine swap and two engines cost?

about 5500 all together.

this one isnt any different than anyone else buying a replacement 7M

just pull one, put the other in.

we have to change a few things since the new motor is out of a JZX81. but its not anything i dont have already.

so i have 2 complete motors and we'll be picking and choosing the best condition parts from both. then ill sell or keep whats left.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
AWW, crap, today was the day for disaster(sp?) srry TJ
new one looks clean tho, wanna see more pics. get ur ass moving on this.

B

Boostaddctn

You got punk'd my brotah!!! with that said, tonighw as off the hook!! I was grinding with some yellow devils and then some mexican girls adn we met a freaking geanie foo!!! aight peace :chicken: bortha~!!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Turbo-Joe said:
oh. and before anyone asks questions what happened to the first one. it suffered too much detonation because of a pretty bad boost spike that i had trouble tuning out of the boost controller. that combined with the ecu that did not have any limiters on it was a recipe for disaster...

If I wasn't being careless about it, i could have saved the motor. but shit happens. its ok. i dont mind paying for another one :]
1 Bad detonation will spoil your day no matter what the motor TJ! :(

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
JonnyRedline said:
Awwwwwwwwww Bas Tuning Ftl!!! ;)

jonny, why do you keep saying that? no one from BAS ever touched my car. the only people who worked on my car was jose and aaron who put it together and myself. and neither jose or aaron had anything to do with my ruining the first one. it was all on me.

quit starting rumors, thanks.

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
Turbo-Joe said:
jonny, why do you keep saying that? no one from BAS ever touched my car. the only people who worked on my car was jose and aaron who put it together and myself. and neither jose or aaron had anything to do with my ruining the first one. it was all on me.

quit starting rumors, thanks.
:umno: