1jz swap no spark...

tercelica

Jul 26, 2006
Las Vegas
Hello, I finished putting in my 1j into my supra, but I can't get it to start. It turns over but doesn't start. I'm not getting any spark. A few guys on the forum is helping me out alot already(Thank you very much), but I still can't get it to fire up. I'm getting a Code 14 which is:

Ignition Signal
Diagnosis
* No "IGF" signal to ECU "A" times in succession.
A = 6-8 (7M-GE)
A= 3 (7M-GTE)
Trouble Area
* Igniter and ignition coil circuit
* Igniter and ignition coil
* ECU

I was told to check the IGF wire from my ignition to my ecu but I don't know which wire that is :(. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Gtstarga

May 1, 2006
Bristol. England
With a true JZA70 you should use the 2JZ engine codes. Not sure how this will convert on a 1J swap. Just a thought may be the same code diagnostic but worth looking into.

tercelica

Jul 26, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm for sure no spark. I checked the first three coil packs, and from there i figured the next three wont work either. so no IGf?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
IGf is generated from spark so no spark, no IGf. Forget about it and move upstream. I'm not that familiar with this engine so I can't offer too much but you'll need proper cam/crank sensor signals to generate ignition. Check for +12 power to one side of the coils too. Lathrop huh? My condolences ;)

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
Measure the 6 wires between the igniter and the ecu for conductivity, that's what "I was told to check the IGF wire from my ignition to my ecu but I don't know which wire that is" means.

Also check the plugs on the coilpacks, when they're a bit old they go brittle and break causing a bad or no connection.
Do check ALL cylinders for spark and let us know if they're all out or not.