1JZ swap issues

streetpower

Oct 28, 2007
Mississauga,Ont
JonoTurbo said:
Sorry, should be pin 14 of B1, one of the diagrams I have is wrong.
Also, that pin I gave you for the NSW is wrong. It's pin 8 of B1 on the 5spd, dunno about the auto.
okay cool...so what about the starter wire from the 1 j harness?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
streetpower said:
okay cool...so what about the starter wire from the 1 j harness?

As far as I know, that wire shouldn't even be there. Maybe in the soarer the starter relay is in the engine bay though. My best guess is pin 10 on B1, which is the connection from the relay to the starter.

streetpower

Oct 28, 2007
Mississauga,Ont
the starter wires hooked up to black with white wire on the b1 pin
the engine cranked over but no start low battery slow crank...
battery is charging i will crank her over tomorrow i test spark and i have spark i am not 100% sure about fuel pump thou.
wher are the wires to the fuel pump?
is there a inspection plate in the trunk i can remove and gain acess to the top of tank and pump and wires ? or do i have to drop the tank?
sean

streetpower

Oct 28, 2007
Mississauga,Ont
Well guys i tried to crank this 1J and i i get is click from the starter so t tried to turn motor by hand and guess what the motor is locked...
so i pull the plugs all the spark plug gullys were filled with oil removed plugs and all cyclinders wer filled with oil with the exception of the 1st and last cyclinder which had only a little oil so she cranked freely and shot oil to the ceiling...what a mess
anyway i cranked till most of the oil came out and while craking i had spak and the injectors were clicking so she should fire up.
batt went dead so i left it on a charger overnite went back today put plugs in and cranked but she cranked slowly with a fully charged battery on a booster pack.
so i let it be till monday.
question how could so much oil get ino the cyclinders and why?
there is no signs of the engine being upside down no oil in the intercooler piping
any ideas????

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
streetpower said:
Well guys i tried to crank this 1J and i i get is click from the starter so t tried to turn motor by hand and guess what the motor is locked...
so i pull the plugs all the spark plug gullys were filled with oil removed plugs and all cyclinders wer filled with oil with the exception of the 1st and last cyclinder which had only a little oil so she cranked freely and shot oil to the ceiling...what a mess
anyway i cranked till most of the oil came out and while craking i had spak and the injectors were clicking so she should fire up.
batt went dead so i left it on a charger overnite went back today put plugs in and cranked but she cranked slowly with a fully charged battery on a booster pack.
so i let it be till monday.
question how could so much oil get ino the cyclinders and why?
there is no signs of the engine being upside down no oil in the intercooler piping
any ideas????

It may be that's how it was stored. I was reading a thread yesterday where someone suggested filling an engine with oil to store it for a long time. Aside from someone pouring it in there, i'm not sure how you'd get so much oil inside the cylinders.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I've heard to squirt some ATF into the cylinders for storage...I don't know about filling (or close to it) the cylinders with oil...sounds like trouble if you forgot that you did that, or like in this case, someone else was the next one to try and fire it up.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
streetpower said:
if the turbos go bad will it fill the intake and cyclinders with oil?

Actually, yes, you're more likely to blow a compressor seal. A compressor seal will go due to all of the issues that will kill a turbine seal and many more. This will lead to excess oil in the intake and cylinders. However, the seal would have to be nonexistant to pump the amount of oil needed to lock the engine. It seems somewhat unlikely.