1jz stock intercooler mounting

Blue MKiii FTW

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
I am in the process of wrapping up my 1jz swap in my 89 and i cant seem to remember how the stock intercooler mounts up. I didn't even think to take a picture of the mounting setup before I removed it from the front clip, and I cant find a picture of a stock setup anywhere. I would be very thankful if someone could post a picture of how the stock intercooler mounts.

Blue MKiii FTW

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
I plan on buying the DM front mount kit but later down the road. I have other things I need to invest my money in like a drive shaft, boost gauge and controller, as well as other miscellaneous things. Was hoping to be able to put off getting a new intercooler and just use the stock until I am able to afford it.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
As far as I know, intercooler mounting is mostly a DIY deal. You kind of just have to fab mounts and get it to sit properly in there. I would mock up all of the piping and get your intercooler connected and supported, and then go from there in the sense of measuring for brackets, getting materials, etc.

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
Should only bolt up 1 way unless the mounting tabs have been cut off. I recall it bolting fairly easily into mine. When you put it into position the holes will just line up. Photobucket is down for maintenance otherwise I would look to see if I had photos of mine.

Blue MKiii FTW

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
Good news I got it mounted in there woot! and I have to say I like the stealthness of it. Come to find out the a/c lines are routed quite a bit differently in the ma70 compared to the jza70, and the support for the hood latch is shaped differently as well. So I swapped the support bar and removed the a/c lines and it bolted right up, sure is a tight fit though.