SoCal
www.myspace.com

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1416139 said:
They are all the same Mines/Sard/Stealth/Blitz
They all use the Tech Tom piggy back card and only they know what the ECU is programed for what kind of fuel what kind of injectors etc...
Ask Tech Tom to read the eprom off the daughter and while your at it get a price quote for programing it to your car setup.

http://suprasonic.org/sonictech/techtom/
http://www.technosquareinc.com/flashecu.htm

It is in the car and it runs, just want some basic info.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
nick88;1416367 said:
It is in the car and it runs, just want some basic info.
from ... http://www.technosquareinc.com/rom.htm
Techtom said:
techtomlogosmall.gif

boardfront.jpg

ROMBOARD

Our challenge for making the impossible possible -

The design of computer chips for today's automobiles has evolved into "one chip" CPUs. These factory original CPUs cannot be reprogrammed and are not available on the open market.
TECHTOM Romboards offer the solution to reprogramming.
TECHTOM Romboards use the factory processor portion of the CPU and outboards the memory portion to a standard EPROM for easy sccess to the data.
TECHTOM Romboards are ultra-compact and fit inside manufacturer's computer housings. No need for "Piggy-Back". TECHTOM's pioneering engineers have analyzed the most popular Japanese automobile computers. The result is the most dependable performance enhancing system for the widest range of engines and they are produced only by TECHTOM.

I dont know but technicaly it is a piggy back but just because it mounts in the ECU it is not:dunno:
Maybe by this statement what they mean to say is not wether or not the tech tom is a piggy back itself but if you have these hugley over priced guys re-tune your ecu then you will not need to add another piggy back to modify the analog signal portion or your sensor signals for your ECU VS the tech tom in whch its piggy back EPROM boards modify the digital signals on the digital OEM board.

If you read into there more they show different VX boards and the memory/size/versions etc..
Maybe you could match your board to the eprom version software & hardware and maybe do most of the work yourself to avoid excessive charges made by other tunners but I dought they give you the address & hex/ command charts to modify the actual tunes them selves.

Also reading on they hint at selling a kit to reprogram your VX eprom board using this kit.
http://www.technosquareinc.com/mitelite.htm
Techtom said:
flashemall.jpg

MIGHTY MAP Large Lite version
mite.jpg

Mighty Map is amap editor equipped with a powerful data editing function
moniter2anime.gif

The data size of today’s ECU is getting bigger and bigger. Especially for Flash re-programmable ECUs generally use 3 to 4Mbit memory. Mighty Map LL was designed to edit large size data up to 4Mbit. Mighty Map LL maintain all the useful data manipulation feature of Mighty Map Ver.3 except MT-2000 control function. Its graphic mode function lets you find maps easily, and powerful editing commands make data change easier.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PC/AT compatible with printer port (for HASP key)
Minimum of 1Mbyte RAM memory
Minimum of 1Mbyte free Hard Drive space
MS-DOS (Mighty Map does not work on Windows)

*Special discount price is available for Mighty Map Ver.3 users. Call for price and detail.

Reading your ROM is the only is about as direct of an awnser as your going to get.

Last edited:

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1416787 said:
from ... http://www.technosquareinc.com/rom.htm

I dont know but technicaly it is a piggy back but just because it mounts in the ECU it is not:dunno:
Maybe by this statement what they mean to say is not wether or not the tech tom is a piggy back itself but if you have these hugley over priced guys re-tune your ecu then you will not need to add another piggy back to modify the analog signal portion or your sensor signals for your ECU VS the tech tom in whch its piggy back EPROM boards modify the digital signals on the digital OEM board.

If you read into there more they show different VX boards and the memory/size/versions etc..
Maybe you could match your board to the eprom version software & hardware and maybe do most of the work yourself to avoid excessive charges made by other tunners but I dought they give you the address & hex/ command charts to modify the actual tunes them selves.

Also reading on they hint at selling a kit to reprogram your VX eprom board using this kit.
http://www.technosquareinc.com/mitelite.htm

Reading your ROM is the only is about as direct of an awnser as your going to get.

Thanks, it also has a apexi neo and avc-r.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Ok your setup makes sense now

You have these things tunning your EFI system
1 OEM JZ ECU +
1 VX piggy back Tech Tom ROM board tunned by stealth+
1 Apexi Neo piggy back analog sensor tunning+
1 avc-r

It must be a cluster of signals mixing & stepping sensor readings to get your car running.
If it aint broke dont fix it but for the amount of effort you put into your managment a single powerfull standalone could do it would be simple and have benifits like spliting the batch fire system into sequential etc..

I hope you find the information your looking for maybe even tune all the signals with one techtom reprogram.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
I put that ecu in that car back in 05, I bought it from onejoezee lol, I didnt get to run the car with it for longer then a week before I sold the car, but it doesnt have speed cut, rev limiter, boost cut, or fuel cut so be very carful when turning up the boost! :)

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Herrow everyone! Don't mind me if I dig this up from the grave but I have a STEALTH ecu that came with a 1JZ swap. I was told that it was programed for 650cc needles but it didn't come with no 650cc injectors. Just the stock needles (& stock ecu). So before I purchase new injectors I would like to make sure what this is programed for and find out more about it.

Does anybody know if the site owner of techno square is still kicking abouts? I just emailed him.

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
I"m not sure. By the looks of what I can make out on the sticker can be 625cc or maybe 550cc. It's too bad the stock injectors came with it or else I would run whatever it came with and paid a lot of attention to the wideband gauge.