1jz igniter plug

Blue MKiii FTW

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
Me and my dad have finished up extending the engine harness and are almost done with the swap but I cant find any info on the igniter plug, I have a feeling that im just not wording it right when I search but anyways do I have to swap the body harness from the 1j clip to my car or is there a way to get the female side of the plug for the igniter plug to my car without doing that? please help.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I am not sure I am understanding your question properly, but the ignitor connector should be part of the engine harness. There should be no need to transfer the body harness over.

Blue MKiii FTW

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
sorry im explaining it so poorly, and I checked out your build thread looks awsome. This is the plug I am talking about.

p1927360_1.jpg

p1927360_2.jpg

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I think that's your C1 plug. It's one of the connectors that needs to be sorted out during the swap. Usually just needs to be re-pined or the correct connector spliced in.
And thanks, I have much to update my thread, just haven't got around to it yet.

Last edited:

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
That connecter you want is from the JZA70 Supra fusebox. The U.S. spec Supras don't have it. Unless you can find it you will have to work around it.

Blue MKiii FTW

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
I have one half still in my front clip connected to the fuse box,and the other in my car connected to the engine harness. Does it have to be plugged in? and if so what do I splice it in to?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Your body harness already has a connector in the same area that has the same function.

Yes it has to be plugged in.

One option is, Find the c1 plug on your cars body harness, and remove it.
Then install the c1 plug from your clip harness. All the correct pins are there, they are just inside different style connectors.

You know, you likely have to do this for a few connectors under the dash also. Do you have diagrams for your car, and the donor car?

Blue MKiii FTW

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
Ya I know about the 2 under the dash we got that but are having trouble with this one. How did you do it and where did you find the info/pinouts to do it?