1jz help!

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
Need help my 1jz is acting up and don't know what it is, my car turns on and immidiatly turns off, I hold the throttle and it starts making a sound like if it has a cam and throws a lot of black smoke from exhaust, I checked plugs and coils those are good, what could it be?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
take your ecu apart. sounds like your caps are blown. Thats what mine use to do. Replaced the caps in the ecu and went back to just burning oil :biglaugh:

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
I took it to driftmotion to re due caps but still with same shit, maybe the whole thing took the plunge, I'm going to try my friends ecu to see if it does the same

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Put your ecu in his car so you don't accidentally fry his due to a short or something. His car is your control group, since you know it works.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Were you having this problem before the caps were replaced? Did the problem just appear or some thing you were doing before that (back-track)?

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
It did it from one day to another, nothing big just the daily couple runs with cars on freeway going home from work and the next morning it started acting up,

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
well today i checked for the codes and the check engine light has a continues blinking soo im guessing there are no actual codes. i still havent had a chance to try a ECU

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
well i tryed a different ecu tonight and it did the same shit on mine, now im going to go buy some new spark plugs and start changing sensors.
what spark pluggs do u suggest to buy!

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
I put new spark plugs NGK BKr7e but no luck, I have another member that's going to help me out and switch sensors this weekend so I'm crosing my fingers

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
tonight i tried a couple different things, thanks to (adrians'ma70) But NO LUCK, his car was working perfect, we switched coils, map sensor, ecu, igniter. all my stuff worked on his car but i still havent got to the bottom of what it could be, NEED HELP! it sounds like a damm suburu holding throttle and then dies off.