1jz help!

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
I haven't even got the 7mgte out yet. At the moment the only thing holding it in is the fuel line and engine mounts. So far i've been following this guide

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?423-7M-GTE-Engine-removal-in-49-easy-steps.

the only thing im not sure of is that it seems like this leaves the PS and AC components in the car and only removes the engine. Is it better to remove everything? Right now the AC and PS pump is disconnected from the engine but the hoses are still hooked up. Should i remove these as well? If so do I just drain the fluids into a pan and pull them out? or is there anything else i should know?

And my AC compressor doesn't work, so i'd need a new one anyways to have ac on the 1jz.

Also How do i remove the fuel line? i have a half tank of gas still. Im just nervous to start taking off hoses and not knowing exactly whats going to come out, and how much.

Any advice would be appreciated

kuwugata

Dec 24, 2009
Hollywood,FL
Take everything out including your p/s lines going to passenger side, your power steering is going on the driver side now. The fuel line is hooked on with a bolt going through the line on the block, driver side. I dont think your going to spill gas out of the line. It has never happened to me. Search my friend. It can do wonders.

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Yeah i search, read other websites, in 6 months this is my 7th post and my first question ever asked, its frustrating when it seems like the same info keeps showing up everywhere but i can never find the detail that i'm looking for. Thank you very much for that information! Is that bolt the "banjo bolt" that i read about? I had never heard of one before, i just wikipedia'd it.

kuwugata

Dec 24, 2009
Hollywood,FL
Yep. that's the banjo bolt. make sure you get the line off the u shaped bracket it sits in. Ive ripped a fuel line pulling the motor before lol.

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Thanks a lot guys! I have the fuel line disconnected and the PS pump removed, all i need now is to remove the AC compressor. The TSRM said to drain the ac system first, but i didnt see how to do it. Can help me with this? Is it just a drain plug where i can let the freon pour into a drain pan? Any help would be greatly apperciated

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Freon is a gas and will go into the atmosphere not a drain pan. You are supposed to have a shop evacuate the system to prevent this, they use a vacuum machine to suck the gas out. R12 is the ozone layer destroyer.
If you ran R134 you can let it escape but I would recommend having a shop do it because its under pressure.
If you don't know whats in it then a shop might refuse to evacuate it because of the contamination factor of mixing gasses.
You can see if there is any pressure though on the valve where its serviced by pressing the valve stem (like on a tire) and see if its pressurized. There is a high and low side.

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Why thank you very much!
Well that sucks. My car is currently stuck in the garage, theres no way i can take it anywhere now lol. Hm idk what im going to do now.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
dude just unbolt the lines off the ac.... the freon will come out. just make sure no cops are around and alot of people wont see. this is illegal. the freon is harmful to the atmosphere.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
i mean i wouldnt try to breath it. yes its not good for you but just stick the socket on it loosen it up and walk away for about ten mins. it will clear out fast. youll hear it if your system has freon it will sound like leaking air.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

i think you said your ac didnt work anyways right? chances are it dont hold freon anyway.