1jz help, feels like i spool but no boost

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
Hey everyone,

I need a little help (again)...
yesterday when i got off work and got in my supra, i try to hit the boost a little but no cigar. It felt as if my turbos spool but didnt create boost.

so today in the morning if any hoses were lose or anything visable, but nope everything if fine...any thoughts on what could be creating this problem for me?

Other than an intake my 1jz is stock, always let it warm up before driving and cool down before shut down. I dont abuse it or race it, in the time i have had the 1jz i have only driven her hard twice.

Prior to yesterday after work, 1jz was running great.

Please help

thank you

Last edited:

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
DAMM IT!!!...i was looking at my 1jz very closely and it looks like a two vaccum hoses from the throtle body and some other vaccum hoses are not connect it:nono:

Looks like the previous owner did a crappy job on the swap.

I have already fix numerous oil and tranny leaks.

anyways ill go out right now and snap pics of what i am talking about, maybe you guys could point me out were to connect these.

once again thanks guys!

be back in a bit

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
okay guys i fixed all vaccum, all my wirring...found out i had a clogged cat so i replace with a test pipe.

and car still feels the same:nono: help me:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
Maybe you have another vaccume line loose? Check from the compressor housings to the wastegate actuators. Do the leak down test then check for codes if you don't find any vaccume leaks.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
try pulling the pressure side pipe from both turbos and see if both turbos a pushing the same amount of pressure it could be that one is siezed and bypassing boost to the intake through the compressor housing.or the wastegate is stuck open.

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
dogdrake;1207004 said:
try pulling the pressure side pipe from both turbos and see if both turbos a pushing the same amount of pressure it could be that one is siezed and bypassing boost to the intake through the compressor housing.or the wastegate is stuck open.

ill do this tommorow...thanks

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
dogdrake;1207004 said:

i forgot to ask but how do i do this?, and what i do if one the wastgates is stuck open?

thank you

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Just spent about 2 weeks on the same problem and it turned out to be a boost leak, i know here in ky the weather has been hot one day freezing the next and that will cause problems with your piping. if you haven't taken the time to do a pressure test on your ic system that is what i would say to do. good luck

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Your turbos cold be missing a rear turbine wheel. They are known for breaking off and the when checking from the front everything would seem fine.