1JZ Harness Routing

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Ok, i drilled a hole right by the throttle cable and the harness comes in just above to the right of the gas pedal. How do i route it behind the dash to the love box area?!?! The white box behind the dash pretty much gives me no room but to move a few wires. Some of the clips are big so its hard to figure out were they go.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
i thought that if you were not going to extend the harness, and put it through the driver's side as you have, you need to mount the ECU on that side too. right?

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
I routed mine behind the stereo.and then into the glove box. I would suggest you take out the stereo and all the crap around it.There you can decide which way you want to run it.

bluemkiii

Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
88mkIIIproject;1029082 said:
i thought that if you were not going to extend the harness, and put it through the driver's side as you have, you need to mount the ECU on that side too. right?

No it still goes in the stock location, you just rotate the ecu so that the plug inputs are facing the drivers side.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
I drilled my 2.5" hole below the throttle cable and to the left a little and it was a straight shot into the cab and I just ran the harness behind my gauge cluster into the glove box and only extended the body connectors 16" with my ma70 body connectors spliced onto my jza70 harness I have no codes and no issues what so ever and all my gauges work and are accurate :)

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
i actually had to remove my dashboard to route my harness. but then again i had to remove my dashboard anywayz to change my heatercore because i drilled the whole in the wrong spot. lol. so yea since i has to do it anywayz it just made it more easy for me

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Does anyone have pictures on how they routed theirs? I tried today with no success and it kind of pissed me off. I went through the radio hole and the body plugs barely make it to the stock ECU location. The ECU plugs went no further then where the radio goes. I need help on this ASAP :( or i'll have to either pull the dash, pull the motor, and extend the harness. I also have extended body plugs made by DM but i'm not sure how they route it.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
^Thanks!, i think my problem is i didnt route enough wiring harness through the hole. The rubber boot is still on it, i might cut it off the wires and slide it back allowing more harness to come through

bluemkiii

Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
TaSe;1035782 said:
^Thanks!, i think my problem is i didnt route enough wiring harness through the hole. The rubber boot is still on it, i might cut it off the wires and slide it back allowing more harness to come through

Yeah i cut off the rubber boot aswell. Except when I had the engine out of the car. I untaped it and took off all that rubber crap and what not, and straitened the wires and retaped it. Now its pletty long enough and reaches the glove box no problem.

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
Here is how i did it, i had to cut that white bracket as you can see in the first picture to get more length. I also had to remove the air vent that sits right on the tunnel to make it easier to pull thru, once you do that you can put the vent back in.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
wow i was mentioned in a thread and haven't been here in like 4 months lol

yea i cut a hole just above the gas pedal (engine was in car) then routed it up behind the gauge cluster then routed it directly behind the center A/C vents. was a TIGHT fit but worked perfectly.

here you can see the hole just behind the hanging wires (purple with yellow connector)
p1036180_1.jpg

here you see my dash pulled apart to run the harness. I came up just to the left of the center vents. and where the rusty dash bar is i laid the harness along that right on top of the center vents.
p1036180_2.jpg

hope that helps maybe.