1JZ-GTE VVT-i JZX100 vs. 1JZ-GTE JZA70 Engine Differences

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
soapra;1766983 said:
I think I should make a sticky on VVTi on the Kaizen section. Still a lot of wrong info on it. As far as picking the "built 7M" for time Attack, not the best choice. The VVTi 1jz would make the best setup. It's peak torque with stock engine is under 3,000 RPM, it has better response then a 2jz VVTi and the 7M GTE. As far as tuning goes, it takes us about 2 hours to tune from start to finish a full VVTi engine, some times less time, all depends on how well prepared the car is by the owner.

Well I don't have alot of help over here in my area for the swap since almost everyone is in a 240 with an sr20, so i just went with what i know. i still have the 1jz sitting in my backyard and i have a shell, so there's still a chance that i could possibly slowly put something together.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Cost Wise the swap would be the same. Drive By Wire Pedal is the only difference. But you can Cheat, and use a cable pedal. Also No Idle speed controller. I'd go with Jose saying the VVti counterparts are much better than the non having faster spool.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Zumtizzle;1767120 said:
Cost Wise the swap would be the same. Drive By Wire Pedal is the only difference. But you can Cheat, and use a cable pedal. Also No Idle speed controller. I'd go with Jose saying the VVti counterparts are much better than the non having faster spool.

well $1200 and you can have this vvti 1jzgte. Come get it brotha

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
suprastroker88;1767137 said:
well $1200 and you can have this vvti 1jzgte. Come get it brotha

Can't Do it, as much as I want to.

I'm in the Midst of Purchasing my First Home, and have most of my savings tied into that.

I'm also going to downsize to one supra, and move onto buying a Z06 and going road racing.

You're coming down this weekend right?

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Zumtizzle;1767145 said:
Can't Do it, as much as I want to.

I'm in the Midst of Purchasing my First Home, and have most of my savings tied into that.

I'm also going to downsize to one supra, and move onto buying a Z06 and going road racing.

You're coming down this weekend right?

I'm trying to get this ready for road racing also
Yea I'm planning on goin out there is i can get this car running correctly. it's breaking up REALLY bad between 2500-4500 rpm's. i tried changing the sparks plugs and wires and had no luck. im changing the cps next and seeing if that's the issue.

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
suprastroker88;1767096 said:
Well I don't have alot of help over here in my area for the swap since almost everyone is in a 240 with an sr20, .

What, you need someone to hold your hand? Here's the equation:
Internet + reading/comprehension = running vvti swap

Obviously you have Internet, so I'd work on the second part of the equation

Zumtizzle;1767120 said:

Not all vvti 1jz's are drive-by-wire. ALL jzx100 are non dbw. And they have IACV too. JZX110 is dbw, and missing the iacv. Also, these dbw systems, including 1st gen IS300 have a cable too. It actuates probably the first half of the throttle or so, the rest is operated by a little motor attached to the throttle plate via the ecu based on sensor input.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Crashoveride;1767599 said:
lol i wanted to know if you had harness and ecu. with your vvti motor

sure do. uncut harness. only broken plug is the alternator plug.
if no one buy's it within a week, it's going to my friend to drop in his 240sx. he offered me $2000 for engine and r154 lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprastroker88;1767626 said:
sure do. uncut harness. only broken plug is the alternator plug.
if no one buy's it within a week, it's going to my friend to drop in his 240sx. he offered me $2000 for engine and r154 lol

Back when I was shopping for JZ's, this was a pretty common price for a manual and VVTI engine, so if it's in decent/good shape, I'd say that's a fair price.

Edit: Fair price assumes this comes with complete harness, ecu, PS, alternator, starter, manifolds, etc...