1JZ Dual Intakes

hockysa

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a person or place that makes dual intake kits for the 1JZ (bonus if they also make a larger hot pipe)

There's a guy in Australia that makes the kit for the Soarer but can't vouch for the fitment on the Supra and not too keen to gamble $400 on something that might fit.

Someone once sourced dual intake kits for the 2JZ from the US which were similar to this
p1030092copy.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Benjamin

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Yeah Kurt from Australia no longer makes the intake piping and only makes the dumps. But you can purchse the turbo inlet flanges from him for $30 and make your own. I'm purchasing a pair from him and I'm going to fab my own intake to route just like stock but with larger tubing and a TiAL recurculating BOV to replace the stock one

hockysa

87supramario;1944726 said:
Yeah Kurt from Australia no longer makes the intake piping and only makes the dumps. But you can purchse the turbo inlet flanges from him for $30 and make your own. I'm purchasing a pair from him and I'm going to fab my own intake to route just like stock but with larger tubing and a TiAL recurculating BOV to replace the stock one

If I knew how to weld I'd have a cracker at fabbing my own

seoul4korea;1944747 said:
Those look nice! Too bad I hate the 1J piping from the start however.... A nice single will help clean everything up. (For me that is)
Single would be nice but I haven't decided what path to take worth my Supra, so just trying to milk the twins

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
hockysa;1944828 said:
If I knew how to weld I'd have a cracker at fabbing my own

Single would be nice but I haven't decided what path to take worth my Supra, so just trying to milk the twins

Personally, it would be better to save you money for the singles unless you want to go with a bigger twin set up. They are nice and def different.... But for the money it's going to cost and the time I would just save it for the end result.

hockysa

seoul4korea;1944852 said:
Personally, it would be better to save you money for the singles unless you want to go with a bigger twin set up. They are nice and def different.... But for the money it's going to cost and the time I would just save it for the end result.

Well I'm really iffy about going single because of the police attention.
Here in Victoria Australia they will pretty much defect your car for just about anything that's not factory if you drive an import.