1JZ Build..HKS...Greddy..ACT..Chrome..You Might Like It.Dont Hate :)

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
ya only thing i extended was ur injector harness...even then i was contemplating on redoing it cause i dont like a millions solder points in the one wire to the ecu...

if it was just extending then what was taking so long?

Last edited:

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
gurley0916;1773480 said:
Why are QSV gay have you not seen the results?

IBoughtASupra;1773495 said:
QSV's are gay? I hope that's a joke.

Stock fuel because I am only at 9lbs and I want to:

-Install Twin Disk
-Install Dual Bosch
-Install -8AN Feed; -6AN Return Teflon Lines
-Install My Own Fuel Rail,
Install IDs or Precision Injectors
-Install My Own Catch Can
-Install AEM V2
-Tune

That's my plan before turning up the boost. Until all those are done, 9lbs and stock fuel are good.

Nice plan. I thought you had all these aftermarket parts on with a stock fuel pump and 370s lol

Not a joke about the SP QSV, its a cool idea and is functional for a mild street car. It chokes the turbo up top a bit, not to mension I've seen a few of them run into issues first hand.
IMO, definately not worth the however many dollars it is.

What turbo were you planning on running again?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Can't make power without suspension supporting it. :)

a6898bdf-29c5-de9c.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It's thought I'd throw an update in here. I haven't done much to my car. I have been driving it a lot and enjoying it before pulling it down and doing some more upgrades. Here is what the bay look like currently.

I don't know why it looks sloppy by the brake cylinder, it's really neat. Everything is held in with clamps and ties to keep it it place. Probably all the SS and Teflon brake lines that are there.

1JZ at 8K is pure bliss. I giggle everytime. I am looking around for coils overs, so if you have a good set, let me know.

IPhone Picture

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I love my spool valve. No problems as of yet. Probably for the best that it chokes the turbo up top. Drewgo Manifold's have been reported to have creep problems with large turbos. Just my 2 cents.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
NewGen;1785314 said:
I love my spool valve. No problems as of yet. Probably for the best that it chokes the turbo up top. Drewgo Manifold's have been reported to have creep problems with large turbos. Just my 2 cents.

My QSV does not choke the turbo up top. My car will pull all the way to redline very hard. I have it operating just on the wastegate actuator. I currently do not have the MAC solenoid hooked up as that will go in after the fuel system since it will need the standalone to control it.

The clutch started going out after I started to hit boost and then I did a little burnout and it said goodbye. :D
So now it's just being driven in and out of the shop waiting until I do the install of a new clutch.

I have an EBay Manifold. I was looking for a Drewgo one and I couldn't find any. So I bought the EBay one and had it modified to clear the manifold bolts where it bolts to the head AND make it fully undivided. There are pictures a couple pages back.

Thanks to Albert for telling me about the site for a great deal on the clutch!

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
What clutch did you have? I'm glad to see someone else had a good experience as well! i haven't had mine on the dyno yet but it pulls and keeps pulling up to the rev limiter. I think its set at 7500rpm. Id like to go up to 8,000 just want to make sure it's still making power there. Your car looks great though!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
NewGen;1785326 said:
What clutch did you have? I'm glad to see someone else had a good experience as well! i haven't had mine on the dyno yet but it pulls and keeps pulling up to the rev limiter. I think its set at 7500rpm. Id like to go up to 8,000 just want to make sure it's still making power there. Your car looks great though!

Thanks man.

The cams really make a difference BUT when the standalone goes in, I'll really see what it does up top.

I had an Autozone stock clutch as I was planning using it during the break-in period but I just left it in there. Boost started to punish it and the burnout just worsened it. I am waiting on a kit to come in the mail right now so I can put that on there.

I only really want 500HP-600HPout of this car. So call it 550HP if you want an average. After I get to that level, 89 trim, bumper and paint and then I will start a new project. I believe I have everything to get to that power level except fuel which will be going in soon.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I've been debating cams for some time just havent been able to justify the cost of it.

Definitely not a bad plan for break in :) what clutch are you going with now?

Thats a great power goal plenty for the street. I'm right around that same level just haven't had it to the dyno yet. Just recently picked up my 2nd project also :). Do you have any prospects for your next one?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I am going with the ACT 6 puck.

My next project will be a 240SX. S14 with the Kouki front. The motor choice will be either SR/RB/JZ. I am not sure yet, but I will post it up in this thread though. Well.....until I get to the motor part. Going to keep that a secret as I have local snoopers. :p

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Thats what I have at the moment. Seems to be holding very well.

Thats a great choice IMO. gotta love local snoopers :p. Best part about owning a jz mkiii. Nobody knows its coming.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I like them, they make me laugh.

You should get some HKS or BC cams. You will like them a lot and you will notice the difference!

Usually, if you have been around Supras long enough you can tell between the exhaust notes of a JZ and 7M. The JZ is at 8,000 RPM is bliss. It's like a very deep raspy drone.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
IBoughtASupra;1785350 said:
Usually, if you have been around Supras long enough you can tell between the exhaust notes of a JZ and 7M. The JZ is at 8,000 RPM is bliss. It's like a very deep raspy drone.

thats a very good point. There's only a hand full of jz cars in Des Moines all generations combined.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It's a common thing over here in the East Coast. Everyone saves up for a JZ swap. Most of them are high school kids who well, for the most part, just want to hear "Pssshhh."

Now that whole scene is being over populated by the "flush" crew since it is cheaper to cut springs than to build a car.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
IBoughtASupra;1785357 said:
It's a common thing over here in the East Coast. Everyone saves up for a JZ swap. Most of them are high school kids who well, for the most part, just want to hear "Pssshhh."

Now that whole scene is being over populated by the "flush" crew since it is cheaper to cut springs than to build a car.

^^^ lol +1 million

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
On Saturday, since the shop was not busy, I had to do the retorque on my motor. I was supposed to replace the O-rings on the oil cooler as it started to leak. I replaced the one that seals between the aluminum housing and the block but the oil cooler O-Rings, two of them, did not come in the gasket kit, so they didnt get replaced. I had to change the slave cylinder on my car and I saw that there was some oil on the passenger side mount, and I looked up. I saw the oil and I don't want it to get any worse, so I contacted Curt at Elmhurst Toyota and he ran the numbers and told me the O-Rings were the same on the 2JZ Oil cooler. I ordered them on Wednesday but my Toyota dealer did not get them in on Saturday which they were supposed to! :: angry ::

So I go started on the retorque. Drained the coolant, took off the radiator, valve covers, timing covers, belts, timing gears and cams. Retorqued back to spec and assembled and included a video. Keep in mind, the night before, I only got 2 1/2 hours of sleep and woke up early to ship multiple parts and had to do this. I started at 11:30AM and finished at 6:30PM. Excuse my mumbling during the video, I was super tired.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Taking A 45 Minute Break
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited: