1j swap finished but getting no charge!! HELP! Wiring??

makaveli913

1jz and lovin it
Nov 20, 2007
Pueblo Co
Ok my swap is complete and i took it for a short drive. the voltmeter drops and its barley running on 7-8 volts and dies:cry: The battery gets completely drained. The battery is fairly new And im sure its the wiring.

Ok I swaped the jza70 fuse box in and had three alt wires left over(black, yellow, white) I cut off the round alt connector from the ma70 chasis and spliced in the matching wires from fusebox and pluged the connector into the back of the alt.
ok now i did the same with the thick double black alt wire. I cut the ma70 end ring off i spliced both of the black wires to one 8gage wire and ran it to the ring thats bolted on the 1j alt.

What did i do wrong. I searched and didnt find a clear answer to this problem. I want to know i did the wiring right before i go and get a sc300 alt.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
so it drops during driving? have your alt checked it takes 10 minutes to remove and stores do it for free, thats one thing down. other than that doublecheck the wiring make sure they are good connections (especially for the thick alternator one)

makaveli913

1jz and lovin it
Nov 20, 2007
Pueblo Co
i think its the wiring cuz i didnt swap out the alt side of the fuse box. i just slid out the jza one and put the ma70 one in. the ma one dont have a 100 fuse. Im just really confused on the wiring part i dont think i did it right for some reason. i

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
Still sounds like the Alternator isn't working if it's not charging the battery, at least that would be the first thing I'd check. Then you can worry about the wiring if it's good.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ebondragon87;1089508 said:
I'm having the exact same problem. Only my alternator has tested good 3 times.

then its a good indication its not your alternator that is the problem.

check wiring, grounds, and have your battery load tested.

makaveli913

1jz and lovin it
Nov 20, 2007
Pueblo Co
i checked the round plug. im not geting any power to the three wires with the ignition on or off. the white wire is a ground. i did some research and the white is posed to be AM alt +. the old jz plug has power to the white wire. ima change that and see if it fixes it. HOPEFULLY