1J on engine stand/bolts

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Sorry for posting this thread but I have been going crazy trying to find bolts to hold my 1J on to my engine stand.I tryed to use the stock trans bolts but there way to short and any hardware or auto store I go to only has standered cores bolts.What did you guys use?

The only other thing I could think of is buy a new stand with shorter ends to slide the bolts in.

p.s.If anybody has any I could buy off them pm me

Thanks guys and sorry for the dumb thread

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
Yea I just went to lowes and used regular grade 8 bolts from the drawers. I've had my 2jz on the stand for over a year now with me moving it around the garage and they are holding up fine.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Hell no I will not use home depot bolts.They will mess up the threads on the block.I already checked.

anybody have any head bolts laying around?

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
IJ.;1602761 said:
Don't think for a second a 1J uses M12x1.25 hardware to attach the bellhousing to the block so 7M head bolts aren't going to work.....

Really, cause that is what i used.........

7m headstuds, on a engine stand, holding a 1jz
p1602763_1.jpg

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
IJ.;1602765 said:
What size heads do the stock Jz bellhousing bolts have??
(not saying you're wrong just shocked that they went to M12)

Don't know off the top of my head, but my friend told me about it cause he used them on a 2jz.

And TooGoode agrees with me, from my build thread, pic was the one pictured above.

TooGoode;1541753 said:
7m arp headbolts are the one usefull thing from a 7m. they make great engine stand bolts! i use them all the time! they work well for 1mz's and 3vz's as well!

And on my friend James' (*james* is his name on here if you care to know) we used stock headbolts.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
home depot bolts aren't gonig to mess anything up if you get the following

Correct grade
Correct thread & pitch.

Search harder or use the 7M head bolts as previously stated. My 1J was sitting on a stand for longer then a yr with me flipping it upside down and my 2j the same as you know already so its not going to be a big deal if you get the correct bolts. Incorrect bolts you buy will mess up threads.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I worked for the vendor that supplies HD with their bolts for 3 years... I wouldn't recommend them personally, unless you're getting the grade 8 bolts, but they don't sell any hardened metric bolts there. Let's just say that a pair of snips is all it takes to snap their lesser bolts, I would NOT trust their metric selection. ;)

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
OneJArpus;1602978 said:
I've always used HD bolts with correct size and no issue, but to each is own
We'll I checked out home depot in Bloomfilde and in Clifton and none of them even had fine threaded so either you jamed the wrong thing in there or you found them at hd and got lucky.Steve was with me running around for em and we didn't find shit

supra1008;1602984 said:
I went to napa withthe tanny bolts and they gave me longer ones. Nice strong bolts!! Proper threading. GL!!
I'm going to try napa thank you

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
MK3.0dudeman;1603204 said:
We'll I checked out home depot in Bloomfilde and in Clifton and none of them even had fine threaded so either you jamed the wrong thing in there or you found them at hd and got lucky.Steve was with me running around for em and we didn't find shit

Nope didn't Jam anything in there or else my trans would of never bolted. I got mine from Lowes, i figured all the hardware stores would have em, guess not. I also went to a few parts stores around Montclair they had them but already had gotten some from lowes.