1j bottom 2j head

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
im assembling a 1j bottom and 2j head for my new project out of parts laying around the shop.
so has anyone hear ever joined a 1j bottom and 2j head before and if so what are some of its running characteristics? example:1.5jz goes in to boost early and good torque.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Seems like it would be a higher flowing 1jz. Kind of like P&P on a 1jz head. Though if you ported the 2j head I'd be interested to see how it performed.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
You're going to have a great time with that one.

Start with a 2JGTE head on a 1J block, and you should be in business.

Use a 2JGE, and you're asking for problems that require custom attention.

Not a bad idea.

Mine's still in the car (MKII Supra), Haltech EK6, 880cc's, A1000, Tru-trac dif, reverse 1.5jz. Just haven't sorted through the coolant passages yet. Like I said, start with a 2JGTE and you should be able to get everything to fit right.

I think the NA head would work better on 2.5L just thinking about NA flow, but that's just my opinion as it's more difficult to get working.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
RacerXJ220;1403363 said:
You're going to have a great time with that one.

Start with a 2JGTE head on a 1J block, and you should be in business.

Use a 2JGE, and you're asking for problems that require custom attention.

Not a bad idea.

Mine's still in the car (MKII Supra), Haltech EK6, 880cc's, A1000, Tru-trac dif, reverse 1.5jz. Just haven't sorted through the coolant passages yet. Like I said, start with a 2JGTE and you should be able to get everything to fit right.

I think the NA head would work better on 2.5L just thinking about NA flow, but that's just my opinion as it's more difficult to get working.

can you explain why you think the 2jzge head is better for the reverse 1.5jz? and why is it harder to make the 2jzge head work with a 1jz block?

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
someone have tried this on supraforums i don't think it will be a good combo, because a 1jz is a high velocity motor, and a 2jz is a low velocity motor, with the 2.5 liter it just wont' do great with a low velocity head. but thats what i just read i could be wrong gl with project

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
lilazni3uoy;1403544 said:
someone have tried this on supraforums i don't think it will be a good combo, because a 1jz is a high velocity motor, and a 2jz is a low velocity motor, with the 2.5 liter it just wont' do great with a low velocity head. but thats what i just read i could be wrong gl with project

The longer runners on the 2JGE intake should help. That's why I suggested using it.

Looks like I need to work on my car on my off time and finish it before the OP!

Less displacement means higher revs which is what I want to do with this. I imagine it would behave similar to a 1JZ with a port and cams.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
RazoE;1403546 said:
1.3JZEvilEmpire did this..

he had a 2JZ-GE head and a 1JZ-GTE block with a 2JZ NA-T kit if I recall correctly..

Nope its a weak combo I would just get a 2JZ-GE or even GTE bottom end to match the head.

The only benifit to going 1.5JZ is keeping everything the same if you were to blow the bottom end out because you could get a 2JZ bottom end for ~200 and get an extra .5ltrs out of the deal.

My setup is all 1JZ head/block electronics cams etc are 2jz

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
well so far ive changed out all my valve seals to Ferrea Valve Seal and using ARP Head Stud kit.
as for using a non turbo head not on this project but even better ive step it up and just using the n/a exhaust cam witch by the way fits nicely even with gear on the cam.the head has a notch just big enough to clear the gear like it was meant to be.
as for no torque thats just fine im trying to build a high rev'er, its going in a very light shell, as for laggy well just have to wait and see i plan on running a small t3 turbo for quick spool.
im gona try and barrow my girls camera to post some pics nothings torqued down yet .