1ggte smoking?

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Usually when you run rich it black smokes. When you run INSAINELY rich, it white smokes and you can light it on fire out of the tail pipe.

Check the IC pipes. Is the cold side clean or oily?

supradavenz

LOL HIES!
Apr 1, 2006
AUCKLAND, New Zealand
defenetly not smelling like gas, will upload a short vid in bout 10 mins.

and as for cold side being oily, its not actually TO bad.. theres a little but not so much that it would concearn me.

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
Have you done a compression test there Dave?

Do you have a 7mgte and 1ggte supra? I just watched your video and i would compression test cylinders if you havnt done that. If cylinders arnt getting low then prob just slight oil leak in turbos. Also how much oil is in it check dipstick to much or little will smoke.

Last edited:

supradavenz

LOL HIES!
Apr 1, 2006
AUCKLAND, New Zealand
yeah got the 7mgte w58 thats a minter and then this 1ggte w58 which needs some major TLC.

Nah i havent compression tested it actually, might see if i can get hold of a tester from someone.

Cheers

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
suprra_girl said:
LMFAO that is classic gotta remember that one ;)

I had a 1jzgte but i sold it when paying it off i lost interest with it. But i like the 1ggte engine and i have a friend who has got big power out of his so that helps me like them more. And plus they are strong engines of course!

I have got hold of a mirror off a ma70 now from New Plymouth :) But thanks for keeping an eye out Suzie :)

If Daves engine has only got around 120kms on the odo then i dont think the rings should be to bad? Unless it has been given heaps! It might actually just be turbo smoke from seals? It didnt seem real bad on the video i would do that test if compression test is good prob turbos and just keep driving until they are really stuffed and then its replacement time.

Last edited: