1ggte distributor cap and rotor problem

Jaemoney21

Dec 18, 2012
Baltimore
i have a 1ggte engine thats misfiring bad i came across a bad distributor cap and rotor on it. only problem is i went to the dealership to order new ones only to find out that they are discontinued. i wanted to know if anyone else knew where i can order a good used one or new one possibly? if not is there something i can do to fix the original ones i already have to get it running again? i know i can fix the cap but the rotor is a different story. any help is appreciated

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You have a 1ggte in Baltimore? Sure it's not a 7mge?

Could try a 7mge rotor. Might be the same.

Jaemoney21

Dec 18, 2012
Baltimore
yes i am 100% positive it is a 1ggte twin turbo 2.0 liter engine it was a 7mge when i got it but the trans went up on me and i found this engine and trans for cheap and bought it and had it swapped in. the 2jz and 7m rotors and caps do not fit it i looked into that already but what i havent looked into is possibly just swapping out the whole distributor. it is pretty impossible to find parts for this engine i plan on going 2jz later down the line but i wanna get this running for now as a daily driver the engine and trans only has 50,xxx miles on it

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Check on toymods.org.au one of the vendors on there could prolly get you them. There specific to the 1g. And since it wasn't sold here we won't have access to it anymore.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
On a search I found this not sure if it will help or if it is correct but I copied it now can't find it again
Cap: 19101-88340, Cap Sub-Assy, Distributor
Rotor: 19102-88340, Rotor Sub-Assy, Distributor

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I found the part numbers as well. But if it didn't come to te states no shop is going to have it. ESP since it's a 1g. Prolly worse to own a 1g than a rb.

Jaemoney21

Dec 18, 2012
Baltimore
yea i had the part numbers for the cap and rotor and i tried to order it through the dealership but they discontinued them and they are no longer available to order so im forced to find another route. worst come to worst i will end up trying to "rebuild" the one i already have some way parts of the brass material is chipped on the rotor. you guys are being more help than any other supra forum though i havent even gotten any replies there its like nobody wants to touch the subject.