1fz-fe?

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
So I was wondering if anyone here has worked with a 1FZ-FE motor? or possibly even swapped them into the supra and matted a r154 to them?

Just curious..seems like an interesting motor for a few reasons:

inline 6, so easier to make a turbo manifold
4.5L, so bigger then a 1uz
interchangeable parts with 1jz, 2jz??? or is that a rumour?

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
yea, but think about this.. how much of the car would to have to rebuild to fit that monster of a motor under the hood.. wait.. itll be sticking out of the hood.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
A guy here has one in a Crown and drag races it, very fast/powerful but the engines pull a premium price wise (I looked at it before I bought the Chev)

It's going to be a tight fit in an a70 chassis needing a dry sump so more $.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
IJ.;1349189 said:
A guy here has one in a Crown and drag races it, very fast/powerful but the engines pull a premium price wise (I looked at it before I bought the Chev)

It's going to be a tight fit in an a70 chassis needing a dry sump so more $.

that's what promoted me to make this thread.

In any case, this wont be going in my supra, but my soarer which has a 1jz. I am hating the powerband on the 1jz, I think its a waste of a motor to be honest....too damn small

Having difficulty finding much information on the 1FZ

Last edited:

Big Rob

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne
Dude you have soarer, make your life easy and stick with a 1UZFE. If the 500cc is a big deal go for the 2UZ, this way little fucking around.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
IJ.;1351788 said:
I think Rob means do the sheep thing and use a 1Uz like everyone else is doing instead of something difficult/expensive like the 1F.

well since soarers had a 1uz option, this might not be a bad idea.

but its a lot of work for just 4.0, I will look into it.

Its just so embarrassing these days when these punk ass kids are going out and buying Hyundai genesis/tiburon whatever with 3.8L...