1990 Turbo Supra with 3k miles for sale?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I have somewhere around that into my car, nevermind the hundreds (likely thousands, honestly) of hours I've put into it over the past few years, but you know what? If someone offered me over 60k for it... I'd have to have a long sit and pray. That's serious money for any Supra, particularly the early cars.

As for what has kept values low, I think it's the 80's in general. Apart from a few Euro cars and GNX's, most 80's cars never really had much collector appeal.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
A update to this Supra:

It should be live on the Velocity channel tonight (1/18/18). I have my DVR set to record it so it will be interesting to see what it goes for. Any price predictions before it goes live again??? Mine is at $33k.

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
I don’t think the car will clear 30k based on what other cars were selling yesterday. Don’t think the Supra is very fitting with that crowd. Could be wrong but hey just my thoughts.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm guessing $50k, but hoping I'm way low! I don't have Velocity or Discovery so I'll watch the live stream today to try an catch it. I'm curious what the announcers for the Velocity broadcast will have to say! If anyone records it and can upload it I'd be very grateful!

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
I'm guessing $50k, but hoping I'm way low! I don't have Velocity or Discovery so I'll watch the live stream today to try an catch it. I'm curious what the announcers for the Velocity broadcast will have to say! If anyone records it and can upload it I'd be very grateful!

Haha, same here.
Their comments on the vehicle will likely be very generic.
Unless someone there happens to know Toyota's.
Should be entertaining if nothing else.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Hammer down.... drum roll....

$44k. Owner lost $18k not selling it on Ebay. Ouch. Bidding went real fast and slowed around 37k.

*Edit adjusted values based on some apparent post-block bidding.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Ahahah....
Anyone have a video clip of it?

I recorded the online stream from Barrett-Jackson, but it's incredibly uneventful. If I can get it on Youtube I'll share via a private link (don't want to tarnish my monetization status for public videos). The car was, of course, incredibly shiny and glossy. You could barely make out the silhouette of the body with all the lights reflections and dark background.

They have a secondary stage feed where some guys talk about the cars after the bidding, but the cars were all diverted to another area during the time the Supra went through so there was no footage there. I'd love to hear what Velocity said. They generally do under-car views as well so you can see the undercarriage.

Cool to see a mk3 on Barrett-Jackson regardless and those BBS wheels look way nicer on the video than in those pics. $44k is still more than most would have probably guessed before that ebay auction.

If anyone has a Velocity recording, post it up!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Good Lord that auction guy rambling off uh... words? That's two minutes of my life I don't think I'll ever comprehend. :p

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Good Lord that auction guy rambling off uh... words? That's two minutes of my life I don't think I'll ever comprehend. :p

lol, I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that. I have not been to a live car auction in awhile but I always remember that loud rambling. Maybe the owner could have paid off that auction guy at the last second to jump that price over 61k lol.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com

lol, I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that. I have not been to a live car auction in awhile but I always remember that loud rambling. Maybe the owner could have paid off that auction guy at the last second to jump that price over 61k lol.

I have to listen for about 5 minutes before I can follow what the hell they're saying. Without the little price caption at the bottom I'd have a hell of time knowing what the current bid really is. I don't get the appeal. The Gooding auctions and others seem just as thrilling and it's just regular people speaking intelligible words. Apparently that's not the American way though... ::shrug::

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Maybe it is simply a way to confuse bidders so they don't actually know how much they are bidding?